1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

3 Mudsuckers and 3 Lectures

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Feb 13, 2018.

1. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    We had a good time at Mulwala, when we got there on Thursday arvo I thought they must have a plenty of cash up here, all these top fishing boats. Then I find out there was a fishing comp on over the weekend. I was told that one of the Boats was worth in excess of $100.000.
    I didn't hear of any cod being caught in the comp only 3 caught by a local in his old knock about boat. My tally for the 5 days we were there was 3 small mudsuckers and an ear bashing from Lyn, our Son and our Daughter in the States. Things happen so quick, Rod goes flying into the drink Kev goes in after it. The water was only waist deep, and I could see my Rod. I grabbed it and made my way back to shore. I was only across the road from where we were staying, I got a bit of a talking to before I was aloud to head off BY MYSELF. Not long after I had my little adventure Lyn rang to check how I was going and she was on her way over. Things were going great till I asked her to bring a towell with her. And didn't I cop it, your 70 years old and have Chronic Heart Failure and you do something like that. It all happened so quick, the Kids rang to see how things were going next thing I was copping it off them as well. I didn't have the nerve to tell Lyn I was feeling crap for quite a while after my adventure. I would say definately no more solo fishing.

2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Sounds like you still had a good time!
    Your choice or Lyn's! I wouldn't give up going on your own. Just don't do anything that Lyn wouldn't want you to do!
    Cheers
    Jim

Wally, DeeBeeKay, AJ Fishman and 2 others like this.
  3. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Definitely Lyn's IDEA.

DeeBeeKay and creekboy like this.
  4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, Kev and welcome back. Another reality check seems to be needed and not ignored. By the way, what was on the line when rod was retrieved. Cheers, Lyall.

DeeBeeKay and kev209 like this.
  5. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Not a bl##dy thing, I was told it could have been a Turtle. Lanyards attached after that.

creekboy and DeeBeeKay like this.
  6. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Bit of an adventure there Kev,lucky it all turned out right in the end.

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  7. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    I'm having a few small ticker problems at the moment, and we have had to cancel our trip to Alice in August

creekboy likes this.
  8. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    That's a shame, Kev, have you been to the centre before? It's one of my favourite places even though there is no fishing.

Jeff :)

9. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Never been there Jeff, and We were both looking forward to going. Now the big hassle claiming on our travel Insurance.

diesel and creekboy like this.
  10. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Not giving up on our Alice Trip yet. Before I put anything in writing as required by the Travel Agent. I have another appointment with the Doctor on Monday.

creekboy and diesel like this.
  11. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Went to the Cardigolist Monday, no reason why we should cancel our trip, he just put a few conditions on what I can do.

diesel, creekboy and AWL like this.
  12. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    That's good news Kev:cool::cool: Though i guess croc wrestling and bungee jumping are off the to do list now.

13. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Take things easy, don't try to do or see everything in a couple of days. Pick out a few things you really want to see or do [within reason] pace yourself. And enjoy your holiday

14. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Words of wisdom there, Kev. Make doubly sure you HEED THEM. Cheers, Lyall.

diesel and kev209 like this.
  15. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    That's great news, Kev, I'm glad you got the thumbs up to visit the centre. There is a lot to see out there, more than most people can do in a single visit, so just pace yourself and if you happen to get out to Hermannsburg for a look around, keep your eyes peeled for a $20 note - I lost it there in '04 :rolleyes:.

Jeff :cool:

16. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    G'day Kev. I know the feeling only too well. Tongue lashings can become a normal part of most days. What were you supposed to do? Leave it there when you could see it? No way. Reminds me so much of the day the boat drifted off and I ran into the water to grab the mooring line. Among other things; the life jacket went off and I drowned her good phone. The flack was heavy for several days.
    What excellent news about your trip. Go man, enjoy it, and don't waste a minute. The centre is a great experience, and ignore those who say there's nothing to see or do. They know nothing.

Rod Bender, AWL, Madfisher and 2 others like this.