1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Bender vs the channels!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Rod Bender, Oct 20, 2016.

1. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    X2. Cheers, creekboy.

kev209 likes this.
  2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    So...headed out to the channel in about 40 km/h winds Tuesday evening! The plan was to fish for about half an hour with lures just before dark then fish with bait. Before I left home I thought I should put long pants on...yeah, nah! That was my first mistake!

I started the onslaught with an Ecogear ZX blade. It now sits on the concrete structure on the other side of the channel. After about 15 minutes my back and knees were hurting but I persisted for a while. Then something strange happened!
    180102 cod 40.jpg
    Can anyone ID this for me? Is it a...wait...for...it...fish?:cool: It was only about 30 cm's long and it took a Rapala shallow running Shad Rap lure. The old faithful 'Perch' pattern.

After this excitement I settled down for a bait fishing session. There were some shrimp in my net so out they went. I was rather cold and the wind made it difficult to detect bites. I gave up just before 10 pm and retrieved my line to find no bait left.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    The song says it all!

creekboy, AJ Fishman, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  3. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    There was more than one fish in there, well done, cheers davo

Rod Bender, creekboy and kev209 like this.