1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Cooktown

Discussion in 'Fishing in Queensland' started by Wunderlust, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Wunderlust

Wunderlust Active Member Admin

Jul 9, 2007
    as we travel across this great country one of our next stops will be Cooktown. I wouldn’t mind taking the young fella out fishing on a charter, however is there any great landbased spots available?

kev209 and creekboy like this.
  2. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Enjoy your trip, tight lines

creekboy likes this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Not a lot of easy land based spots around Cooktown Tim. Every time I've stopped off there on my way further north it has been blowing a gale. I would imagine that it is windy at the moment and probably your best bet would be a boat on the river and find a place to drop a few crab pots in - some thumper muddies up there and big barra, threadies and jacks.

Jeff :cool:

kev209 likes this.
  4. Wunderlust

Jul 9, 2007
    Thanks Jeff, we’ll be there probably for about a week. I like the idea of big muddies. Yum

diesel and kev209 like this.
  5. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    You haven't posted any photos of the fish you've caught. That's part of being boss.
    It would be great to receive the odd post on your trip. You and the family keep safe, looking forward to a report or two.

AWL and diesel like this.
  6. Wunderlust

Jul 9, 2007
    Ok Kev will do stay tuned... ;)

AWL, diesel and kev209 like this.