1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Jackall releases Mega Pompadour!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rod Bender, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Yep...it is finally here! Many fisherman who chase Murray cod with surface lures would be familiar with the Jackall Pompadour. Now it's bigger brother has arrived!
    image.jpeg

The lure body is 120 mm's and it weighs 57 grams. To me, this weight would put it above the casting ratings of a lot of baitcast rods but if you are not scared of pushing the limits then you may as well have a go.

The link has a couple videos. The first video shows its construction...meh! The second video shows its action and also gives you an opportunity to learn a foreign language!
    http://www.jackall.com.au/?page_id=2539

The local stores have them priced around the $50 - $55 mark. They are selling too and no, not to me although I am not sure how long I can restrain! As usual with surface lures, the darker ones seem to go first. The first shipment has been distributed and from what I can gather, there are no more in stock in Oz.
    Cheers
    Team Jack...ass!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    kev209, AJ Fishman, DeeBeeKay and 2 others like this.
  2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, Jim. That thing would scare the crap out of most fish. Cheers, creekboy.

kev209, DeeBeeKay and diesel like this.
  3. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Go on bender, buy one, you know you want to:)
    Wouldn't mind one myself even if it was just to look at:cool:and there is always the chance of knocking a fish out with one even if they're not biting. They at the in town or out of town shop.

4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    One of those would look cool as a bonnet mascot on the Troopy, or you could tie it up next to your camp to scare the buggery out of undesirables :D.

Jeff :)

creekboy, kev209, Rod Bender and 2 others like this.
  5. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I will get a couple of them, I'll just have to give up yet another vice to afford them, :eek: cheers davo

creekboy, kev209, AWL and 1 other person like this.
  6. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I think the next 'in thing' with lure manufacturing will be depth charges! Both stores in Shepp have the big pomps.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Shock and awe fisherman!

creekboy, kev209, diesel and 2 others like this.
  7. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    I don't have any more vices to give up:( dbk, so i'm in trouble if i want one.
    Thank's bender might go and have a look and see if they got one in a colour i like (copeton frog or purple snake)
    One thing i did pick up from the video was he tweaked one of the "wings" with a pair of pliers there at one stage,guess it was to make it run straight.

8. taspyke

taspyke Member

Jan 5, 2008
    I'll shout you one, just because I can ;)

creekboy, DeeBeeKay and kev209 like this.
  9. taspyke

taspyke Member

Jan 5, 2008

Got a parcel today :D

[​IMG]

10. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Taspyke I have acquired a mega pomp and so far I'm not that rapt in it. I find it sounds way to mechanical and fear it may spook fish. I fished areas with it and no hits but fished over the same area with the smaller pomp and picked up fish, maybe I'm not holding my mouth right,;) cheers davo

11. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Fanfkntastic! :eek: I put 3 of them on layby yesterday to use up some credit I had with a store! They said they are not selling that fast. Anyway, in my case I will just be happy when I get out and use them.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Believes the best lures come fitted with a 6 cylinder diesel Perkins for maximum vibration!:cool:

12. taspyke

taspyke Member

Jan 5, 2008
    I don't really have a rod that is designed to cast such heavy lures, but I will give them a try every now and then when I get the chance. Which is likely to only be 2 or 3 times a year.

13. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I picked them up the other day.
    megapomp 40.jpg
    Sales of them picked up as there are not that many left.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Keeping the economy ticking over!

AJ Fishman, diesel and kev209 like this.