1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

ONE VERY HAPPY CHAPPY

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Oct 8, 2017.

1. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    It's great to see so much activity on the forum, just shows a bit of new blood makes a hell of a difference. For a while there I thought the old TBX was finished. I know it's a bit early to say this but I believe we are starting to go places. A big thank you to those who stayed around and supported TBX when she was down but not out. There has been great reports and photos posted lately, this is what we need to keep the members interested and attract more new members.

THIS IS AN OPEN INVITATION TO THE 40 + NEW MEMBERS THAT HAVE JOINED UP OVER THE PAST FEW MONTHS, GET INVOLVED IN THE FORUM. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE A NOVICE OR AN EXPERT MALE OR FEMALE YOU WILL BE MADE WELCOME.

2. Sprinter

Sprinter Active Member

Aug 17, 2016
    A lot of it is thanks to you Kev. Well done on your continued patience and optimism;)

Rod Bender, Old fisho, diesel and 2 others like this.
  3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Active Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Ditto... KEV

Rod Bender, Old fisho, diesel and 3 others like this.
  4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    It makes a difference when you have a moderator who cares. Well done Kev. Cheers, creekboy.

Old fisho, Rod Bender, diesel and 2 others like this.
  5. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Good to see that it has cranked up a notch or two Kev, thanks mainly to yourself and a few of the regular posters.

If some of the new members are struggling to find subject matter, don't hesitate to dive into the archives and resurrect some of the older topics that might be of interest - us old farts can't remember what happened yesterday, let alone what we discussed a couple of years ago.

Jeff :cool:

6. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    It's been a bit like a breath of fresh air all right, and of course Kev is largely responsible. He's never given up trying to promote the site, and he deserves some success and some accolades. It's OK to have new members. It's far more difficult to get them involved. I feel the best way to start is to encourage all the newbys to write in and tell us about themselves. It doesn't have to be about fishing. We like to know something about those to whom we talk; more than just the big fish they caught yesterday. That might make many of us jealous anyway.

Some who have been around for a while feel we know other members as people, not just as a name on a post.
    Ditch was a recent excellent example, and I'm sure we'll hear lots more from him.

When we met Kev and Lyn recently, we saw this couple walking into the venue. I just walked up and said '209?', having never seen either of them before, but somehow felt I knew them. That's success in a forum if I ever heard it.
    Old fisho Noel.