1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Pirtek Fishing Challenge

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Feb 14, 2018.

1. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    I received my package from Pirtek while we were away. A 10th Anniversary cap that looks great, a brag mat and sticker.

2. taspyke

taspyke Member

Jan 5, 2008
    I keep forgetting to enter damn it.

diesel, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  3. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
  4. taspyke

taspyke Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Yay stuff arrived yesterday :D

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  5. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I think us North Queenslanders have been dudded. NSW are allowed to present practically every known fish in the universe and we get three - barra, flathead & whiting :mad:.

Maybe it's payback for State of Origin :rolleyes:.

Team Diesel
    ...not happy about this.

AWL, AJ Fishman, Rod Bender and 2 others like this.
  6. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    What would you like added? The inclusion of crocodiles!:cool: That would make for interesting times getting them to sit still on the brag mat!!!!! Serious cod fishos talk about 'cod thumb', being skin taken of the fingers whilst handling big cod. You can start up another more manly condition called 'croc arm' which would simply be having half of your arm removed!

Secondly, me thinks the NSW fishos need all the help they can get!:cool: Sort of a handicap system!

In regards to being dudded...check out the prizes!
    https://pirtekfishingchallenge.com.au/prizes/
    South aus and tassie's prizes are half of the other states! I can not figure it out.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Thinking a high level enquiry should be launched into species selection and monetary affairs!

Old fisho, creekboy, AWL and 2 others like this.
  7. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Lyn and I, our son and his partner are heading to Nagambie. I should get a Carp, it's going to be a quiet day for me.

Old fisho, creekboy, diesel and 2 others like this.
  8. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    So, I did some investigative work! I messaged the organisers asking about the prize differences. It all comes down the amount of entries they get. A lot less entries are received in Tassie so the prize is not as large.
    cheers
    Team Bender PI!

9. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Are you staying in Nagambie Kev? cheers davo

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  10. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Yes Davo, we are staying at the leisure park. Saturday arvo till Monday morning

creekboy and DeeBeeKay like this.
  11. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I was talking to a mate this morning and he has been getting a LOT of yellowbelly on yabbies and frozen prawn from the supermarket, if you are looking for a dam for yabbies I can point you in the right direction, cheers davo

kev209 and creekboy like this.
  12. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Thanks for the offer Davo but I have about a dozen left over from Mulwala

DeeBeeKay likes this.
  13. Robert Stone

Robert Stone Active Member

Jan 2, 2017
    My Pirtek gear arrived today. All set. I bought a new Veritas 3.0 10' lure rod, but just in case I taking my trusty 13' Wilson with me to the beach.If it doesn't go to plan I have a plan B.
    Kev. Thanks for welcoming me back. I noticed some dill had a go at you. It happened to me on this Forum just over a year ago, so I went elsewhere. The world is full of Narks as you well know. Water off a ducks back and we move on as the Narks self destruct. Have a great Pirtek day.

Cheers.

DeeBeeKay, Rod Bender and kev209 like this.