1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Show us your purchases!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rod Bender, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi all
    No fishing forum is complete without a 'show us your purchases' thread! So you can rely on Bender, the big spender to get the ball rolling! Picked this up last week! Unfortunately the only fish I got on the camera's first outing was 2 carp! Purchased locally rather than online. Paid more money...yep! But was handy being able to go back the next day and swap it no problems when the pop up flash wouldn't pop up!
    cheers
    Team Spender
    160905 camera 25.jpg

creekboy, kev209, Wunderlust and 2 others like this.
  2. Madfisher

Madfisher Active Member

Aug 14, 2016
    What did that set you back mate,. if you don't mind.

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  3. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    $500 (extra for memory card)...but perhaps $100 cheaper online. Then when it stuffs up...its postage time! Comes with 3 years insurance as well...break it accidentally...it gets replaced or repaired free. Also, comes with 'lessons' as well. Camera House Shepparton's staff offer 20 minute tutorials...'one on one' I think on any aspect of the camera or photography in general. I need it!
    cheers
    Team Picture Perfect

4. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Purchases??? ...
    I have WAY too much gear so I am going to offload some bits'n'pieces over the coming weeks so I can buy some new stuff for my boat instead off accumulating more stuff that wont ever get used...

5. Wunderlust

Wunderlust Active Member Admin

Jul 9, 2007
    I'm in the offloading phase. Clearing the unloved.. waaaaaay too much stuff I haven't used in years and its gotta go..

creekboy, kev209 and Tinker like this.
  6. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Meh! Someone has to accumulate! Most of this stuff was discounted...some up to half price! Will use it...eventually!
    cheers
    Richie Rich
    160911 purchases 18.jpg

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    creekboy, kev209, AWL and 1 other person like this.
  7. Lazyfisher

Lazyfisher Active Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I don't think you can ever have too much tackle the amount of times I've caught a fish on that lure I impulse bought a few years ago and thought well if I never bought that lure the trip would have been fishless

creekboy, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  8. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Best you get some nice big placcy's now too mate:)

9. Wunderlust

Wunderlust Active Member Admin

Jul 9, 2007
    Not the most exciting product but Super cheap had 50% off jockey wheels so I grabbed this since my boat jockey wheel packed up last month. There is only so many times I can use a kangaroo jack without something going to ****.
    [​IMG]

10. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Got it covered already! These won't be coming out until December but!

11. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Whilst the local Tackleworld store has a container on their counter with Jackalls at ' 2 for $40'...I think I will struggle refraining and nothing but a restraining order will stop me!
    160918 Jackall 15.jpg
    cheer
    Team Bender
    Officially admits I have no control over my spending!

12. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Might as well be happy and broke,:p cheers davo

13. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    So...paid off a bill this week...had some money left!
    Hopefully come summer, I am going to turn Ricky the Roach (150 mm...36 grams) into Murray the cod! Am a bit uncertain as to how durable it is...but time will tell! Only way it will come undone is if a fish grabs tail section (without hooking up) and holds on for dear life!
    Ricky 15.jpg
    Some Penn Super X mono and Schneider leader (read mono).
    line 15.JPG
    Locally produced '4D' brand chatterbaits (3/8 Oz...about 12 cm's long). This purchase came out of an offer for a free one! Go figure! The guy from the local Tackleworld offered me a freebie and just said to post some pics of it up on their site when I catch some fish! Yep...he obviously doesn't know who he is dealing with! I told him that the likely outcome would be a pic of the lure hanging from a regulator! So...they looked good and I thought I may as well get a few...knocking back the freebie I asked if they could knock a bit off the price and of course they did! So now I have to get out there and catch something when the channels clear! These do look impressive! So...which color is likely to snare me a yella? At the end of the day I may have to refrain from using them if they attract attention from the channel cod!
    4D 15.jpg
    That's all folks!
    Team TW

14. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    They look good but time will tell, cheers davo

15. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    The local tackle store had a sale today. Lots of lures in the 'bargain bins' which were good value but I refrained and got what I needed! Some braid for several new reels that I have yet to use...in this case...baitcasters. Only received 10% off but it is better than nothing.
    cheers
    Jim
    Fins 40G 18.jpg

Bluefin, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  16. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Active Member

Sep 30, 2016
    gee that 40G is smoooooth compared to ordinary braid

Bluefin, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  17. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Have you used it...or just from checking it out in store?

18. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Active Member

Sep 30, 2016
    i know a bloke here that uses it 5-6 days a week for 8-9 hours a day giving the eperch a nudge

it has held up better than even the best braids on the market . he's a tackle snob uses saltegers

and luvies and all that lovely gear

19. westyonline

westyonline death to the mud guzzlers

Nov 24, 2009
    RE: chatterbait colours
    the purple one screams loudest to me, but i would tone down the disco yellow just a tad, get a brown marking pen and go nuts..Do you have a UV torch, its amazing just how much colours jump out when under a uv light!

20. Bluefin

Bluefin Active Member

Oct 24, 2016
    I have been using it for 12 months now. 5 lb breaks at about 20 lb. 16 lb leader with FG knot. the 16 lb breaks not the 40G. It is very good. A bit thick for 5 lb. I use Sunline 4 and 8 lb which breaks a bit higher than its rating for my lighter rods, but ls thinner than the 40g. Howard.