1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Show us your purchases!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rod Bender, Sep 5, 2016.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    That's a neat looking reel Jim. I've been toying with the idea of getting one myself, but still undecided on the gear ratio. I do like a fast retrieve and the 7.4:1 may be the one I go for, but perhaps 6.5:1 is plenty fast enough - decisions, decisions...........

Jeff :cool:

creekboy, Rod Bender and kev209 like this.
  2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    So...I have been doing my bit for the local economy! Jackall TN 60s.
    Jackall.jpg
    As well as some 4D chatterbaits. These are made here in Shepparton. The local Tackleworld are reducing some of the colors they stock so these were in a bin for $10 each. I have used them before and they work well. People rave about them being good for yellas but I only caught cod on them. Funny thing is I purchased them for yellas due to what people said (the lures are not that big) but found I was catching cod in the closed season so stopped using them.
    4D.jpg
    cheers
    Jim

creekboy, AWL, diesel and 1 other person like this.
  3. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Pffft, cheers davo

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    How's that Aldebaran going Jim? I'm still undecided whether to lash out with the dollars and buy one, or wait until I can get my sweaty, greasy hands wrapped around one so that I get the "feel" for it. I'm yet to find a tackle shop that has one on the shelf and my bride keeps telling me that I don't really need it.

She just doesn't understand that in the world of fishing tackle, needing and wanting are the same thing. :D

creekboy, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  5. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Still trying to decide what braid to put on it! o_O Yes...I am a shocker! Can't get motivated to spool up any of the new purchases I have made. I took delivery of a Samurai 7' Samurai 6 - 12 lb rating baitcast rod a couple weeks ago to match the reel and it hasn't seen water!
    cheers
    Jim

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  6. Ditch

Ditch Active Member

Oct 7, 2017
    creekboy, AJ Fishman, diesel and 2 others like this.
  7. AJ Fishman

AJ Fishman Member

Oct 27, 2017
    Went to Trellys last night lots of people there had a great time spending my money.
    lures.jpg
    Westin shadteez and jackall gantarel these are great Murray cod lures.
    cheers AJ

diesel, creekboy, AWL and 3 others like this.
  8. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    The lures look good! You only have to spend a couple mil and you will catch up with me!:cool:
    cheers
    Team Spender

diesel, creekboy, AWL and 2 others like this.
  9. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    The gantarel look's :cool: and expensive.I want one in full essendon colours:D

Team AWL
    not a fan of fluro

diesel, AJ Fishman, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  10. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    You are not wrong! I have a few of these too. There was a time I would never spend that much money on a lure as I would lose them rather rapidly in the river! But since I now fish the channels for cod and snags are less frequent, I have been throwing a bit more cash around.

In AJ's case, he will use these in the river. But here is the thing...AJ and his brother are human 'tacklebacks'!:) They don't mind swimming!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Couldn't swim to save his life!

creekboy, AWL, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  11. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I knew a couple of brothers like that when I lived in Darwin, I watched them in action at the Daly River barrage collecting lures that other fishos had snagged & lost. One brother would be in the water with a mask on and a rope tied around his waist just in case he needed to be dragged in and the other brother stood watch with a Winchester 308 bolt action to deter the snapping handbags. Absolute loonies, but they certainly retrieved some quality lures.

Jeff :eek:

creekboy, AJ Fishman, AWL and 2 others like this.
  12. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Some offerings to the surface cod's for the new season.

w1.jpg

kev209 likes this.
  13. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Wouldn't let me use 2 pics in one post
    Local's too bender
    w2.jpg

kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  14. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Guess you are not talking about the VB?!!!!:cool: Have you used surface lures for cod much before? I have tried them a bit but only small ones with no luck.
    Cheers
    Jim

AJ Fishman and kev209 like this.
  15. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Mucked around a bit with pompadours & night walkers a bit for pretty much undersize fish bender.Like furphy too but its a bit hard to get in cans up here.
    Gonna launch these boat based off my heavy ugly stick with a calcutta 200 loaded with 50lb braid and see what happens.Not exactly bait casting or finesse fishing,but can hopefully put it where the fish are and see what happen's from then:)

diesel, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  16. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    First Mask Vib I have ever purchased from memory. It will get a run as soon as cod opening arrives. It isn't what I would call a cod lure but no doubt will attract them. I will be happy if I pick up a yella as well.
    Mask.JPG
    Has anyone used these? I am not sure if they will be any better than hardbody vibes except perhaps a bit more convincing when the fish hits them.
    cheers
    Jim

diesel, AWL, AJ Fishman and 1 other person like this.
  17. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I walked into BCF yesterday on a mission to spend the latest $10 bonus they credited to my account and walked out with one of these.
    Shimano backpack.JPG

Now I have to go back and buy a heap of gear to put in it - can't put any of my old stuff in it, I wouldn't feel right about it. :rolleyes:

AWL, Rod Bender and kev209 like this.