1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

so called

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Tackleberry, May 11, 2018.

1. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    ok I have been on the piss but there is a term at the chemist .... generic or do you want the name brand ......
    after the last week I will never walk out of the chemist without the proper name drug from the
    original manufacture that's it .......

2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Did you have a bad run with something, Tac?

I always thought that the generic product was the same stuff without the fancy corporate name on the packet.

Jeff

creekboy likes this.
  3. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Doesn't sound good Tac.

I agree with Jeff. However; on all my scripts; and others too no doubt; there's an option where the medico can accept or refuse generic (different manufacturer's) brands. But there must be a difference at least sometimes; as I had one a couple of years ago where an alternative brand was not permitted. That's the only time I've seen it used.

Noel.

diesel and creekboy like this.
  4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    There can be quite a bit of difference between brands despite the same ingredients. Cheers, creekboy. (Lyall)

diesel and Old fisho like this.
  5. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    I use "generic" Asmol for my asthma instead of Ventolin these days- its cheaper and does pretty much the same job its just a bit weaker as its a steroid. This time of year my asthma gets pretty bad and since I quit smoking 4years ago Ive never had it worse than I have in recent years... the Chemist says I need a "preventer" but I refuse to fork out $$ to go see a quack who wil give me a repeater script for a preventer that I have likely used since I was a kid and it never made an iotre of difference to my condition in 30+years so why should I start back up on something that never helped me years ago? ... Try explaning that to a chemist and they give you that "skippy in the headlights look" and have no logical reply. I was born with Asthma as both my parents were smokers- when I was a kid I couldnt go ut without having to take Intel and other preventers and have a ventolin on me at all times. When I was 16 (about the same time I started smoking, amongst other things...) my Asthma got better and I didnt need to buy a veontolin for over 10years at one stage so go figure that one out! LOL...

I read that Cannabis Oil can cure loads of conditions, including asthma, cancer, lukemia and all kinds of terminal diseases but I am questioning why the government wont relase their secret stash of Marijuana which is kept under lock and key in remote Tassie to formulate a proper Oil for terminal sufferers?

Note- The best drug for me a salt air, screaming drags and buckled rods.

6. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Note- The best drug for me a salt air, screaming drags and buckled rods.[/QUOTE]

When I have a dose of the above quoted drugs; I no longer have heart problems. How can we increase the time spent in these conditions? We could live forever.

diesel, creekboy and reelaxation like this.
  7. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    Salt air or the scent of Eucalypts on a river bank can cure anything. IMO only. Cheers, Lyall.

Madfisher and diesel like this.
  8. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Spot on, Lyall, but did you know that Stones Green Ginger Wine will cure coughs, colds, sore holes, brewers droop and tapeworm.

Jeff

creekboy likes this.
  9. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi Jeff. Also good for providing a pretty good hang over too. Cheers, Lyall.

reelaxation and diesel like this.
  10. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    I had memories of some bloke called Jeff recently residing in chair with a coffee mug of Stone's. One must wonder which of the above conditions he was treating and whether or not it worked.

creekboy likes this.
  11. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I have suffered the occasional hangover from it, Lyall, especially when I've spent a night beach fishing with a 1.5 litre bottle to keep me company.

Jeff

creekboy likes this.
  12. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Same bloke, Noel, but I only take it as a preventative medication.

creekboy likes this.
  13. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Never tried it , but I love ginger, Is it ginger flavoured ?

creekboy likes this.
  14. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Yes, Howard, it has a distinct ginger flavour. I've known blokes who have added a generous slurp to a schooner of their favourite ale, but to me that is very uncouth. One either drinks a beer or drinks green ginger wine, never together :mad:.

Jeff

creekboy likes this.
  15. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    After you open it, will it go off like wine. ?

creekboy likes this.
  16. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Used to drink Stones when I was younger but I prefer a good beer or scotch if its a tad cold on the sand - keeps the spirits up and keeps you warm :p

17. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It's a fortified wine, Howard - it will keep for ages.

creekboy likes this.
  18. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Thank you. I must try it .

19. blair

blair Active Member

Mar 19, 2018
    good stuff that stones ggw especially in beer on a cool night up the snowy, also put on Australian salmon fillets then frozen makes em taste better, why do aussie salmon sometimes taste good and sometimes not? probably what they have been eating I sometimes will fillet a smaller one.
    this forum is great I had forgotten about stones ggw I'm am going to get a bottle now and put it in my camping gear.

diesel, Bluefin and creekboy like this.
  20. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    When it really gets cold, I enjoy a generous slurp (bigger than a sip, not as big as a guzzle) of Bundy Rum in a coffee mug with a spoonful of quality honey topped up with boiling water. It works it's way into the coldest parts of the anatomy and the aroma is definitely hard to beat.

Jeff

creekboy and Bluefin like this.