1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Some Thread

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by MSB, Jan 9, 2018.

1. MSB

MSB Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Hi Everyone

Just joined the site and have been working my way through the threads to see who is doing what and familiarising myself with the content, got to the thread in General Discussions "TBX Seems to be on track" posted by Master Baiter and after reading all 6 pages I decided I am going to try and post some pics (which I have never done before as I am basically computer illiterate) so here goes, first pic is smallest mudcrab I have ever seen caught by my Grandson, second pic is Grandson with first fish, third pic is of my Son with nice little trevor.

Hope the pics attached

MSB

Attached Files:

2. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Keep them photos coming Ron, its what the forum needs. check your inbox

creekboy likes this.
  3. MSB

MSB Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Hi Kev

Thanks for the information you sent me via email, just some relevant info for you as site Moderator, I have tried a couple of other sites but not near as welcoming as Tacklebox, you and the Members should be proud of that. I am fortunate to have been fishing for 50 years and was well taught by me Dad and have passed all my knowledge on to my Son who in turn is passing that knowledge on to my Grandson hence the couple of pics I attached. A lot of the members on this site seem to fish freshwater, something I have never done, however would be keen to learn from anyone who is a member in the Brisbane area, alternatively I would be pleased to teach anyone who is interested in saltwater fishing.

Ron
    MSB

4. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    TBX isn't a big forum but it sure is a bloody good one. There is a couple of members up your way just start a post telling members what your interests are, i'm sure someone will be interested in the same things. Rod Bender is a very keen fisho who lives in Northern Victoria and as far as I know he has never fished salt. BUT THAT IS GOING TO CHANGE if I can organise a salt water get together.

creekboy and Rod Bender like this.
  5. MSB

MSB Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Ok thanks Kev will do that

Ron
    MSB

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  6. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    They sure did!:cool: I wouldn't worry about being computer illiterate...I don't think there are many IT experts on here. When attaching pics, you can also put them up in larger form so they appear within your report (if you want to do it this way). Try it on this thread if you want. After you download the pic and the file appears on the bottom of your screen, you have a choice of inserting the 'thumbnail' as you did, or you can put the pic on full view or something that it is called. If you go 'full view' the pic will appear where the cursor is. From memory after the pic appears you just have to hit enter again to get the cursor to the bottom of the pic and start typing again. I may make it all sound difficult but it isn't too hard really.

Not totally true! Rod Bender has thrashed the waters at Merimbula and Pambula a few times for no result!:) One session at Werribee, a few sessions ar Rosebud and a session or two at Gunnamatta! The truth is...I have never caught a saltwater fish!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Salt is my nemesis!

7. MSB

MSB Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Hi Kev and Rod Bender

Not hard to catch salt water fish, just need to know an area to get results, and of course persistence.

More to your guys liking, on the fresh water front, there is a dam 15 minutes from my place called North Pine Dam, it is regularly stocked with Bass, Yellas, Silver Perch, Mary River Cod and Saratoga, and has an endemic population of the usual catfish. There are guys that fish it regularly and knock up scores of 60+ Bass weekly. If you go to www.nuggetoutdoors.com.au and type NPD in the search area you will get a lot of threads about this dam.

There is a guy called Ray Kennedy who fishes the dam twice a week and he is always posting for people to go fishing with him as he is in his eighties and has trouble handling his boat and pulling the shrimp traps on his own, I recently went out with him and we caught 58 Bass between three of us, I didn't contribute that many, just 9 if I remember correctly. So Rod Bender, I believe you are on the road so if you ever come this way, let me know and I will arrange a trip for you with Ray.

Couple more pics, digging yabbies with the Grandson, cruising Elimbah Ck in the tinny, the Grandson loves his yabbies.

Ron
    MSB

Attached Files:

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  8. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Welcome to TBX Ron. I don't care; fresh or salt; if I can fish, I can handle both. Unfortunately, on the NSW south coast, it's a long way to Brissie, so unlikely I will get to try your water. Not that there's anything wrong with here. Noel.

Bender, Merimbula is not far from here, and the fishing is better here. Do the extra yards and come and catch a few, not just one. N.

9. MSB

MSB Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Hi Everyone

Couple of pics of recent camping trip at Mission Point in Pumicestone Passage, runs between Bribie Island and the mainland, Bribie is connected to the mainland by bridge, however Mission Point is only accessible by boat.

I have had to resize these pics quite a bit so hope they come out ok.

Ron
    MSB

Attached Files:

Madfisher, creekboy, diesel and 2 others like this.
  10. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Your doing well Ron, good picts

creekboy, diesel and Old fisho like this.
  11. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Apologies Jim, are you still interested in a saltwater get together.

Rod Bender and creekboy like this.
  12. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Yes....but now probably when the weather cools down! Only thing is I generally work weekends so I will travel down on a weekday. This won't suit many people but when it does happen...we can let people know and I will at least meet up with you. Perhaps you could organise one on a weekend sometime. I may not get there but others may. Can't suit everyone but we can do our best. Of course other members from other states may want to try and organise something...you never know!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Social butterfly!

13. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    I will start looking around for a good spot

creekboy likes this.
  14. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    I do know one.

15. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Where would that be Noel, all suggestions appreciated

creekboy likes this.
  16. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Here of course Kev, some of the best water on the south coast, but no doubt it's too far for most to travel. In member terms I'm pretty much out on my own here.

17. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    It's just a little bit to far for a day trip.

Old fisho likes this.
  18. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Absolutely right my good man. It would need a weekend to justify,
    but our door is open to individuals who could travel.

Madfisher and kev209 like this.
  19. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    We have a grand daughter here for a few days, and her dad (son) will arrive tonight. We hope to get the boat on the water tomorrow for a while, but not expecting too much. It's uncommon for me to be on the water before the visiting public go home, but we'll try and give it a go.

kev209 likes this.