1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

TBX NEEDS HELP

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Jun 14, 2018.

1. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Come on guys what's going on, TBX is going down the tube again. We have been keeping our heads above water for a fair while now. Remember TBX is a family not just a forum don't let it Fold. If you read this Tim we need your input as well

2. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Haven't fished for around a month, not much input there, cheers davo

3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Maybe it's just that time of the year when conditions are not all that favourable for fishing, too cold, too wet, too windy, too many tourists, too few fish ............ who knows.

Most forums go through a bit of a dead patch during the winter months except for those dedicated to some of those ridiculous snow sports, but in saying that, it's better that they do what they do rather than take up the noble pastime of fishing.

Do not despair, Kev, it will kick-start back into action again.

Jeff

creekboy, AJ Fishman and kev209 like this.
  4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    As far as I am concerned, this is the most important aspect for TBX to continue. As others have mentioned, it is also a slow time of the year.

But...it is a catch 22 situation...we need more reports. This may generate newer members to contribute. So we have ascertained that it is a slow time of the year, back when the weather was good, there was a minimum amount of reports posted. This needs to change but who is going to change it? Some current active members, including myself have struggled to get out. Of course some active members have gotten out and done reports...but there are not enough of these members here!
    cheers
    Jim

5. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    My interest in fishing has declined somewhat in the last 12 months, what with general health issues and crap weather. But in so saying I still look to my daily trips to TBX with interest. Reading others reports on success or failure is better than nothing. Cheers, creekboy (Lyall).

Madfisher, AJ Fishman, diesel and 2 others like this.
  6. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    Anyone interested in another catch up outing? cheers davo

7. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
  8. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Depending on timing and location...I may be able too. Also depends on whether I have a car or not! Saltwater time too me thinks!
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Loading up the hire car already!

9. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    I'll drink to that, saltwater is ok with me

creekboy, diesel and AJ Fishman like this.
  10. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    Location doesn't bother me really, Jim you could always travel with me, cheers davo

11. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    A possible entrant. Cheers, Lyall.

12. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Thank's fellas the forum is looking better keep the posts coming

13. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    It's been a great day Lyn and I went shopping this morning and she got me a new little mate a Maltese Shihtzu pup for my 70th birthday which is in a few weeks. We pick her up on Monday.

14. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    That will make a difference to you and Lyn, Kev. Cheers, Lyall.

kev209, DeeBeeKay and AJ Fishman like this.
  15. CornaCarpio

CornaCarpio Active Member

Jan 9, 2018
    I'm sorry, but I'm a "fair-weather" fisherman these days. Too cold for me at the moment, I don't expect to be fishing again until the footy season is over.

creekboy, diesel, DeeBeeKay and 2 others like this.
  16. creekboy

Sep 7, 2016
    What the hell is going on? I got an Email from TBX reading. "creekboy,in order to complete your registration at Tacklebox.com.au, you need to confirm your account by following the link below." This link brings up the TBX home page, and I was still able to log on. I sent an Email to admin asking what do I need to confirm? Has any body else had this Email? Cheers, creekboy (Lyall).

AJ Fishman likes this.
  17. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    No not me YET,;) Cheers davo

AJ Fishman and creekboy like this.
  18. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Reality is Kev in a few weeks we will go through the same process again. As in, it will slow right off to the point of a day going by without a post. It may even worsen as we get further into winter. I think you just have to accept it.

I have no problems. On saying that, I was talking to Wally the other day and he is unable to login at all! These are problems that can only be sorted by admin. And I believe this is the biggest problem here with TBX.

I am happy to post here with the minority of members that we have, however, I fail to see the forum improving unless things change dramatically. Admin needs to help out with the odd problem that members have and we need newer members to contribute as well as the current contributing members increasing post content with worthwhile posts.

I know full well that I will not be able to contribute much in regards to fishing reports over the next couple months and there is a big possibility that we are all in the same position.
    cheers
    Jim

kev209, Madfisher, AJ Fishman and 2 others like this.
  19. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    You hit the nail right on the head there, Jim. It's that time of year when it's too bloody cold to go fishing, even up here in the tropics.

We have had some new members join in the past year or so who seem very enthusiastic for a while, then just fade away and I think that is par for the course with a lot of forums. I don't have any problems with a slower forum and compared to the likes of Facebook, it is a pleasure to interact with others at a more lay-back pace than the tear-arse speed of social media in general.

Jeff

kev209, DeeBeeKay, AJ Fishman and 2 others like this.
  20. blair

blair Active Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Hi deebeekay I am , especially up at anglers reach snowy mountains, what part of oz do u live in mate?, theres lots of places I haven't fished yet and species I have not caught yet, barra , Spanish macks , new Zealand trout etc.
    cheers blair

creekboy, kev209 and DeeBeeKay like this.