1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

The latest news.

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by Old fisho, May 15, 2018.

1. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    For the many of us who are interested; I had a long yarn to Kev yesterday.
    He has quit TBX on advice from his doctor. That is not to say TBX has done anything. It means that once again Kev has been subjected to incredible abuse from some idiotic so-called member who has done this to him several times now.
    What do these idiots think they are doing? What do they hope to achieve?
    This last instance had Kev at risk of having a heart attack. It involved a visit to the medico and that is where the need to quit arose. He was told to do it.
    There are some things I am not clear on but think the idiot concerned has been kicked off TBX before but has returned by establishing new accounts. Kev would not name the person but I wish I could. This is a great little site. We all respect what Kev has done; in fact I admire his efforts following the collapse of TBX a while back.
    If anyone can find the identity of this fool who has badly damaged our friend; let's see him tarred and feathered and run out of town. Well, that's what they'd have done to him back in the days of the old cowboy western world and deservedly so.
    For those unaware; Kev is also a registered JP (Justice of the Peace). This is not something handed out to ratbags. It's an honour people have to earn; based on their decency, integrity and the way they live in our society.
    The good news is that Kev hopes to come back as a normal member in a few weeks if his doctors approve of it. We would welcome him. Noel.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Well said, Noel.

Jeff

creekboy, Rod Bender and Old fisho like this.
  3. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    X2. The most fitting punishment would be, pegged out naked on an ant hill for a while, maybe a week or two. Cheers, creekboy.

diesel and Old fisho like this.
  4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I look forward to Kev's return.
    cheers
    Jim

creekboy, diesel and Old fisho like this.
  5. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Like Jim said. Cheers, creekboy.

Old fisho likes this.
  6. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Thanks for letting us know Noel. Its a shame he is to decent to name the ratbag. I wonder what this idiot is trying to achieve, or does he get pleasure from others pain.
    Cheers Pete

Old fisho and creekboy like this.
  7. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Im glad Kev will be okay, but truly disheartened by the acts of some moron on here who wants to pick a **** fight with a moderator - I only wish I knew who this was and was an admin I would block his IP address and that would solve most of the problems- at least until he changes his IP address or ISP but could serve as a deterrent.

I hope Kev has raised this to Admin (Tim) and Admin will do something about it- but I suspect Tim has no intention of stepping up and naming this wanker or doing something to alleviate Kev and put another moderator on- I will be honest I have raised my hand 3 times to be a moderator (twice back in the old days when Skipzx became a moderator) and also when the site resumed when we didnt have one. Tim did say the site didnt need more than 1 moderator but I think it needs at least 1 with Admin privileges and the other just a moderator to weed out all the bullshit spam posts. Sadly though I am looking for full time work as my IT Bunsiness is not going as well as I had hoped- so my spare time is spent looking for more work and advertising my business in the hope work will pick up sooner than later... but I am happy to help out in any other capacity and support the site as best I can given my own circumstances.

If my situation changed in the near future I will gladly help out in a more official capacity if Tim deems it required and approves a new Moderator.

Please send my regards to Kev please Noel, the site just isnt the same without him and we all look forwards to his return as an active member in the coming weeks when he is fit to do so.