1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Thinking of you

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Dec 1, 2017.

1. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Keep safe everyone, especially those in the flood prone areas. I hope things don't get as bad as they predict.

2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, Kev. So far so good with the Plenty River in Greensborough. Cheers, creekboy.

DeeBeeKay, AWL and kev209 like this.
  3. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    All good here (shepp) at the moment,we've only had 20mm so far.If i'm gonna have a problem i reckon it will be the middle of next week once the water makes it's way down here and starts to back up at the goulburn.Stay safe everyone

Team AWL
    Bought 2 slabs on the way home just in case:)

4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Apart from having to drive through a bit of water this morning (nothing too deep) to get to the cafe for my normal ritual of hot dogs and coffee on my day off...no drama here (about 1km NNE of Awolsville)! I am not concerned at all although I have no doubt there is more to come. I am not going to jinx myself by saying we are safe here. Whatever happens happens!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Looking forward to your input here over the net couple days!:cool:

5. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    It was all high and dry round here, and lee hong fooks when i went to work at 5 bender:).What time do you actually drag yourself out of bed in the morning,all i can ever get for brekky is egg & bacon rolls:(
    Not sure on how much input i will be able to give,all our power is underground,water and electricity don't mix that well:eek: Lucky i got the engel & dual battery set up in the ute,cold beers and cricket on the car radio could be the go tomorrow night:cool:

Team AWL
    sleeping with the self inflating life jacket on tonight just in caseo_O

6. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I've been busy at work with floodwater and the same again tomorrow, cheers davo

creekboy, kev209 and AWL like this.
  7. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Closing roads etc. or doing the hard yards with sandbags?

This site was posted on another forum last week.
    https://waterline.g-mwater.com.au/waterstatus/#ST@G405203C
    It is rather handy. I can see from this that the main channel I was going to fish has been turned off...and the inlet channels into Waranga Basin are moving into overdrive.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Didn't bother watering the vegies tonight!

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  8. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Even more good news furk all rain still:) Pizzas & garlic bread are still being delivered and eaten:) in the local area:cool::cool:
    (we need a beer smiley on here)

TeamAWL
    narrowly missed out the Mrs' cooking once again:)

9. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016

10. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    You gotta love the attitude in here.

11. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Another 40mm overnight brings the total to 60mm so far,but we're still high and dry:).Worst is supposed to be yet to come this arvo.Southbound lanes of the hume are closed between Benalla and Euroa.All traffic is being diverted through Shepparton and down the GV highway to Seymour.
    Rumour has it a local fishing identity has set up benders coffee & donut's out on the bypass and is making a killing.Expect some serious gear upgrades to appear on here soon.
    Euroa is cut off by flood water which isn't good for the locals,but on the bright side that means there is a lot of megalitres between me and the mother in law.If i had of known that was going to happen i would have sent the Mrs over there yesterday arvo and had a real good weekend at home.

12. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Active Member

Mar 31, 2017
    208 MM in 24 hrs with another 5omm plus to come today. We are high up so no worries but below on the road off our track for a hundred metres the road has subsided from the middle of the road to the bank only way through is with a 4WD. I hear Mansfield has copped a bit of flooding and the Caravan park is full with a few poor souls caught camping out.

creekboy, AWL and kev209 like this.
  13. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I took the bypass this morning to head out to IGA cafe for the usual Saturday morning ritual (not to be confused with the week day ritual when I have a day off). There was minimal traffic so I assume the Hume was open again at that time. Or...the incoming traffic from Benalla Road was diverted straight though to Archer Street where a road side stall was set up selling cheap alcohol (expect to see a pic of a new boat on the forum soon)! The Hume is showing as being opened again anyway.

Whilst driving this morning I noticed some standing crops, wheat or whatever, I guess these will either be downgraded a lot if not destroyed.

As I write this there is rain forming on the radar... a bit different from the usual where it is actually sort of swirling around in a circular motion. I have seen this at times and often it can lead to a serious dump of rain but we may be lucky.

This may explain this!
    Nill.JPG
    Funnily enough, the following 2 creek levels do not show too much action!
    Boosey.JPG
    Broken.JPG
    It is downstream of where these 2 creeks converge that I may launch my cod season on
    Tuesday! By then I know that the heights of these creeks will be rising.

Last but not least...Team AJ may have difficulty locating the carp now in the work drain!:(
    Drain.JPG
    Or...tomorrow I may be able to run over the carp on the track with the trusty John Deere Gator!
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Proudly sponsored by IGA!

Master Baiter, creekboy, AWL and 2 others like this.
  14. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    I did no good bender.By the time i got them all iced down and set up they re-opened the hume.So much for free enterprise in this country:(Went out to a mates this arvo north of here for a few frothy's and tea(roast lamb:D).His whole farm is basically 3" under water,all the cows standing around on the check banks, and tonights milking was down by half as the girls aren't happy.It's gonna take some time to drain away for sure.Was strange to watch all the rain swirling around shepp on the radar and missing us.
    Sadly there will be some big losses for the stonefruit growers for sure.
    Will have to wait and see how it works out round here over the next few day's, but least it has stopped coming down.
    On the plus side as far as i know there has been no loss of life from this event,fingers crossed it stays that way.

Team AWL
    Lot's of cold beer's and the crickets finished for the day.

kev209, creekboy and Rod Bender like this.
  15. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Did any of you get out cod fishing, or did the cod deliver themselves right to the door?

Madfisher, kev209 and creekboy like this.
  16. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Well that was fun! Flood warnings for the rivers in my area are 'moderate' at the worst. We can live with that!

I don't think many members got out. I know AJ had a short session without luck. I am thinking of going tomorrow now. Was going to work but who cares. Things are rather wet there...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Talking to people in tackle stores and from what I have seen on YouTube, anglers that went out early Friday and beat the rain did well!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Has not received any cod deliveries as yet!

kev209, creekboy, AWL and 1 other person like this.
  17. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Nah didn't get out for a fish Noel.Will wait and see what it looks like next weekend,but biggest problem might be getting near the river till things dry out a bit.Haven't heard much news,but will find out more when i go back to work tomorrow.

kev209, Old fisho and creekboy like this.
  18. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Been having a look around on the bom site, and other than the goulburn here going up by about 3m since friday not much else seems to be happening.Not much rain forecast for the next week so hopefully all will be good:)

19. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Anecdotal reports from work today seem to indicate that the fishing was better upstream towards lake mulwala till the water dirtied up sat arvo.Below toc wasn't so good with a couple of guys coming home sat lunchtime due to no dry clothing or bedding left after fri night's downpour.

20. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    It's now wet here too. After a couple of days of gentle rain that filled the ground, it's all run off stuff now. Today is expected to bring 100mm, followed by another 50mm tomorrow. That could cause some river flooding and the entire system might be off colour for a couple of weeks or more. Good news; it might keep some of the maddening crowd at bay until after Christmas if we get lucky. As someone once said: The tourist season is approaching; surely we'll be allowed to shoot some then.

AWL, Madfisher, Rod Bender and 2 others like this.