1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Water, water everywhere .......

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by diesel, Mar 11, 2018.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I decided to head off on my NT trip a bit earlier than planned and wasn't that a mistake. We got as far as Cloncurry when the weather started to close in on us- I don't mind the country getting a bit of a drink at times, the farmers need it, the rivers need it, but there comes a point when enough is enough.

We couldn't go anywhere for a few days and because we are travelling with our camping gear and not the caravan, things got rather messy. Good thing having a mate up there who let us use one of his sheds on high ground until things improved enough for us to head back home for a couple of weeks. As we crossed a few rivers on the way back, I was tempted to stop and have a go for a yella or two, but the bride gave me the evil eye which meant "no more mud just yet".

So, we are back home, it's cleanup time and we will head off again mid April, as originally planned.