1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Whacha all up to?

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Old fisho, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    TBX has gone dreadfully quiet. There's not been a new post put up, in general chat, for about three weeks on any subject. Have you been offended, or is everyone just too committed to other stuff at the moment? Old fisho

Madfisher, creekboy, AWL and 5 others like this.
  2. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I slip out for an hour or two between work for a fish but other than that it's been quiet, cheers davo

creekboy, AWL, diesel and 3 others like this.
  3. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    I should have written 'Chewing the fat'.

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    There has been nothing to be offended about so I think we can rule that out!:cool: It may be two weeks since I went fishing. Last week was a shocker for me. I had 3 days off during the week but with winds generally coming from the east I didn't bother wetting a line. I am not a fan of fishing easterly winds as it generally means the barometric pressure is dropping. On saying that, I would have went out to try anyway but it was just too hot for me.

I like to see pics of fish so it is good to see Dangerous Dave posting the odd report and AJ, not to mention your effort Noel. For what it is worth...I am going to break the fkn internet when I get a metre cod this Friday!:mad:

I wonder if the method of downloading pics may put some people off from posting reports. I normally don't have any issues as I do it on a desktop. A bit of stuffing around resizing but it is straightforward. But when I helped AJ do it last weekend, it was terribly frustrating. I am not sure if it was because pics were taken from his iPad but they were loading on their side despite the fact they were the correct way up. I have never had troubles posting pics that have been transferred from my iPad to the desktop.

Reality is that online forums like this are not competing too well with Facebook. Despite this, all going well my Facebook account will be deleted this coming Wednesday. I haven't been on it for over a week and my last action was to delete my account. It takes a fortnight as long as I don't log on and at this point I am doing well!

Another forum I am on is much the same....and admin is very active in promoting it. I am not active on it at all. In some regards I am over social media but I am still making an effort here.

So what is the answer? Go fishing and post! Hopefully new members will come along and more importantly inactive members will like what they see and start posting. One just hopes that the pic posting on here is not a barrier. Now you will have to excuse me as I ready myself for the usual Sunday morning ritual of heading down to the local tackle store for coffee prior to going to work.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Motivational speaker.

Madfisher, creekboy, AWL and 5 others like this.
  5. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    you mean a coffee before the Boats and More coffee:) cheers davo

creekboy, AWL, diesel and 2 others like this.
  6. Ditch

Ditch Active Member

Oct 7, 2017
    Been getting the gear ready for Cod opening. Planing 4-5 days at one of the dams, haven`t decided which one yet. Serviced the outboard, new braid on the reels & woke the Cod lures out of hibernation.

Did a bit of work on some old Aeroplane Spinners - added a bit of flash & a tail - keen to give it a run next weekend.

[​IMG]

Seeing how our inconsiderate Politicians called a by election on Cod opening weekend I had to organize a postal vote as I will be out on the water election day.

Have not spent much time on the net lately, not really a big fan of social media, rather stick to a few forums but they all seem a bit quiet these days.

So thats what I`ve been up to for the last week or so.

creekboy, kev209, AJ Fishman and 3 others like this.
  7. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    I have had a few ups and downs over the last couple of weeks, plus we have had family over from the states. Just got a text she is back home safe. I hope to drown a few worms later in the week depending on the weather.

creekboy, AWL, diesel and 1 other person like this.
  8. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    Only just looking at this on FB, is there really voting next weekend? I must live under a rock, cheers davo

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  9. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    TBX is the only forum I'm on now as we just updated our computer and have deleted the others

creekboy, Old fisho and diesel like this.
  10. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Great to see some good responses. Lures look good Ditch

11. Ditch

Ditch Active Member

Oct 7, 2017
    New England electorate where I am - the one vacated by the Deputy Prime Minister when he found out he was a dual citizen.

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  12. DeeBeeKay

Aug 14, 2016
    Thanks, I'd rather miss voting than miss fishing, cheers davo

creekboy, Old fisho, diesel and 2 others like this.
  13. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    All good here:cool: Been busy at work and don't fish much over the closed season anyway.Had a lake trip planned but a family event sort of took over from that.

Lures look good ditch:)

Team AWL
    Only 3 more "cease and desist" case's from team bender to get over and i will be back posting:)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    creekboy, diesel, Old fisho and 2 others like this.
  14. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    I have concluded, in a blinding, but of course brief, moment of wisdom, that TBX is neither progressing rapidly, nor falling apart.
    Perhaps our old mate Kev got it right when he started referring to it as more family than forum. In spite of a few ups and downs, we're still here.

Over the years I've only met two TBX members. Anthony Harriss, (Kambah Critter) who is a nice guy, and has been here several times, and stayed with us in our home, but it seems a recently purchased house and his lovely family have taken him from the equation lately. The other was of course Kev, who with lady Lyn, drove down to the Vic coast and we shared lunch at the Portarlington Golf Club. Don't take that literally. I did not eat any of his lunch. Yet somehow, I feel I know most of the regulars here just as I know other friends personally.

It's one hell of a way for most to travel, and highly unlikely to eventuate, but a long weekend here for a bit of solid fishing, a beer or ten, to say nothing of a good red or seven, interspersed with lots of yarning, has a lot of appeal. For the same reason; because of distance, we couldn't get to the Nagambie day out. Alternative venues could be considered too, but a bit of local knowledge is a big asset. Noel.

creekboy, AWL, Rod Bender and 2 others like this.
  15. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    As far as fishing goes, very little is happening up here in my part of the country.

It is that time of the year when the weather gods are not kind to us, it is far too hot most days to do anything more strenuous than removing the top off a stubby. We cop a lot of storms, most of them extremely violent and a recent event with wind gusts at 140 kph lifted a couple of my neighbour's sheds and deposited them on my place, destroying a section of fence in the process. The neighbour is somewhere touring around the US at the moment, so the cleanup was left to me - not happy at all, but with a mean attitude, a 9 inch angle grinder, an axe plus a Landcruiser Troopy, I put his sheds back on his side of the fence, albeit not quite looking the same as they did before the storm. In fact, they could be described as somewhere between flat pack and totally stuffed :rolleyes:.

154) Neighbours' sheds on our claim, 7.11.17.JPG
    Sheds on my place before I went into Demolition Man frenzy.

Jeff :mad:

AWL, creekboy, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  16. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Don't mess with Jeff

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  17. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Still nothing to report. The last week of rain, rain and more rain has not improved the fishing prospects at all. Perhaps after silly season is over may be able to wet a line somewhere. Cheers, creekboy.

AWL, diesel, Old fisho and 1 other person like this.
  18. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Seems nothing going to happen here either for a while.

creekboy, AWL, kev209 and 1 other person like this.
  19. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    I don't know when I'll be going fishing, but in August Lyn and I are heading off to Alice. Just booked through Travel Agent.

creekboy, diesel, AWL and 1 other person like this.
  20. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Well done you two. You're becoming dedicated wanderers. Good time to go to the centre, but some nights will still be cold. They get a lot of winter desert frosts, but the days are beautiful. Probably very little wind at that time, but don't quote me on that. We've stayed in Alice quite a few times, but drove through this year on the way back after a fuel stop. Been there before? Going on the Ghan as you considered, or are you coaching it?

creekboy and diesel like this.