1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

What is happening

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Apr 5, 2018.

1. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    I am aware we have a few sick members at present, that could contribute for the forum being quiet. I hope that is the only reason. PM Me if you are unhappy or have any concerns with the way the forum is being run. I've got a few more health issues at the moment, but I will try to sort out any problems, if any exist.

Wally, Tackleberry, creekboy and 4 others like this.
  2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Not much you can do Kev...and certainly nothing wrong with the way it is run. People’s circumstances change and at the moment I have no internet at home. When not at work I access the net occasionally on other people’s devices and I can not add pics or do decent fishless reports!

I went out this arvo with intentions of getting an entry for the species comp. One lousy carp and we struggled to get shrimp. Not the sort of stuff to write home about...or write here about.

I was going to run a comp on TBX but am likely not going to now. This change of heart took place after a discussion with someone in a local tackle store regarding the Pirtek comp. He virtually admitted he would cheat if it meant winning and I thought if there are people like that out there, I am not going to run a comp.

Not really sure what can be done but as far as I’m concerned it is vital that some of the newer members start to contribute...especially in regards to fishing reports.
    Cheers
    Jim

Wally, Tackleberry, creekboy and 3 others like this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I've been busy lately trying to catch up on lots of stuff that I had been putting off during the past year. One job that I try to do each year is clean out my computer by running a complete reformat of the hard drive. I've been doing it for years and I still come unstuck - usually lose a lot of stuff that I shouldn't have lost.

As for fishing, the weather hasn't been real kind up here and I'm just waiting until things settle down a bit before heading over to the coast and hopefully get amongst a few. I had planned to get up to Cape Palmerston for a month or so, but when I phoned the caravan park to enquire if they still allow dogs, I was told that only dogs under 10 kgs are permitted - my dog would eat that amount of tucker in a day, so it looks like it's a trip to Baffle Creek instead.

Jeff

Wally, Tackleberry, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  4. Missniss

Missniss Active Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on, had quite a few things happening of late. But hopefully gonna change as of today :) My trailer is finally starting to get an overhaul today and over the weekend.
    Kev knows why I haven't been on, thank you for your support there, very much appreciated.
    My health is improving, hopefully more and more as time goes on.

Wally, Tackleberry, creekboy and 5 others like this.
  5. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    A few problems have kept me off the air a bit lately. (I thought most guys would be pleased that I had 'shut up' for a while). They've kept me away from a lot of other things too. Like Kev; I too have missed the input from other members. Perhaps it's a cyclic thing where we all run in bursts of activity.

Recently I posted about the mad-house on the water here between Christmas and Easter. I also discussed the poor quality of fishing that can exist during that period. Since Christmas I have been out but four times. In support of my opinions about the effect on fishing; consider this: Firstly; I don't think I've had a true doughnut since coming to live here over seven years ago. But since Christmas I have gone awfully close with a 1, a 1 and a 2. On each of those occasions I spent the normal 'most of the day' out there.

Only a matter of days after the Easter holiday makers went home; I took the boat out yesterday, and it was a perfect day to be there. Because of a bit of pressure applied by the Boss; I stopped fishing about 2.30pm and came in earlier than usual. As we are moving closer to the neap tides, and with the light wind opposing the tide; it was a piece of cake getting old Sandfly onto the trailer yesterday, but Boss comes down to the ramp in case I have a problem. I have to use an electric winch.

I finished up with 10 flatties, one small bream and a trevally that would be close to a kg. It went back in with the bream. Several of the flatties were undersized, but I believe that if you only find small ones out there and are catching them; you are obviously doing something right. They were all on plastics of course, and mostly taken on a small Squidgy Wriggler in Lava colour which, though always one of my better performers; has been discontinued for some strange reason. I threw a vibe around for a while for no result. But the point I made was that the increased water traffic can upset fish far more than some realise, and yesterday was a pretty good indicator that it is actually so. Yesterday at times, there was not another boat in sight, and there were perhaps hardly a dozen boats on the entire system. Some of my old haunts did not produce a fish; others less fished did, so you first had to find them;
    but that's fishing. It was wonderful to be there once more.

We will get all the needed medical information by phone this arvo and go to Canberra Sunday. Then it's to hospital Monday. While it's a lengthy procedure; up to six hours; it's not really major surgery, so am still hoping the be released the same day. But time will tell. We had an emailed pro-forma invoice from the anaesthetist yesterday to sign that I understood the procedure. $1500 is his cut for that job.
    That's based on time spent and i
    s the minimum, there is no upper limit at this point. Talk to you again soon. Noel.

Wally, Tackleberry, creekboy and 4 others like this.
  6. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    We did wonder Sandy. Welcome back.

Tackleberry, creekboy, diesel and 2 others like this.
  7. Missniss

Missniss Active Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Thank you Noel, hopefully I will get to upload some pics of my trailer as she progresses to the standard that I want. Plus actually getting my butt into gear to start work on my cruiser, but have a trip to Qld in about a week. Hopefully get some fishing in while we are up there :)

8. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Great we are communicating, if we don't TBX may go down the path it did before.

9. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    Great to hear things are picking up Sandy

10. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    I doubt that will happen Kev. There's a strong nucleus in here that would most likely keep it rolling along, even if there were only a dozen left. I hope so anyway.

11. kev209

kev209 Moderator

Aug 22, 2016
    All the best for Monday old mate.

12. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    All the best for the op Noel.
    Cheers Pete

13. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Whereabouts are you heading, Sandy? The southeast corner of Qld is a good place to steer clear of at the moment with the Commonwealth Games happening - absolute chaos for travellers and locals.

Good to have you back, hope you're feeling better.

Jeff

14. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    My thoughts are with you, Noel, hope it goes well.

Jeff

15. Missniss

Missniss Active Member

Jan 27, 2018
    I have to pick up and engine and gear box from Burpengary, but will most probably end up in Bundy for a few days, depends how I feel when I get up there :) I was planning on steering clear of between Brissy and the Goldy ;) thought it might be hectic :) So inland roads here we come :)

16. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    well I had plans for fishing for snapper offshore on the week end (weather was perfect)

but I have the wog pretty bad :( and for the rest of the week the weather for small boats

is crap ..... but I will try latter that and I cant catch a skippy for love nor money so still

have no bait ....

cheers TAC

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  17. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I'm doing a lot of walking but not catching fish, therefore nothing to post, cheers davo

diesel, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  18. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    I went out again yesterday arvo and covered 30k and still no skippys

looks like it's going to be a very poor snapper season for me

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  19. Missniss

Missniss Active Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Where abouts are you? General area will do lol I hit a skippy this morning, if you were close you could of had him :)

Tackleberry, kev209 and creekboy like this.
  20. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    haha sandy wrong type of skippy up there you call them tailor

creekboy and kev209 like this.