1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

What is happening

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Apr 5, 2018.

1. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Im heading out the beach tomorrow night chase some greenback taylor and try for some thumper Bream now they are about to start spawning... This time last year I got a horse that went a shade under 45cm and just on 1.8kg on a live worm... I am also hoping the 'Ting are still on the chew after my session 2 weeks ago, and maybe if I am lucky a nice fat jew which have been reported around the mouth of the hawkesbury... here's hoping anyway... I am just glad to get out and soak a few baits if I catch something its a bonus otherwise a few brews and a 6hrs on the beach from sunset till midnight is pretty hard to beat IMHO.

Old fisho, kev209 and Tackleberry like this.
  2. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Yesterday's trip on the lake happened as planned. And that's about all that happened. We got about ten flatties and a nice sized nigger on plastics but brought nothing home.

What went wrong?

As I read it; it had much to do with my mad mate. He has a huge fishing platform with an 85 Yamaha on the back. (be silly to put it on the front of course) We fished a narrow piece of water much of the time and there was a moderate westerly wind. That meant full side on. We would drift across the water in a couple of minutes then start the motor and drive back. This involved running the engine almost 50% of the time. At that size; in small water; you are continually driving over fish and won't catch them. But it's his boat and he runs it as he chooses. With the electric on my boat; I am sure we'd have got more and better fish. You can never underestimate the importance of stealth in most forms of fishing.

Am inclined to think I should no more take out non-fishers, to also include people who are inflexible in attitude. Noel

3. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    how did you go .

Old fisho and kev209 like this.