1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE FISHING TOY?

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Old fisho, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Back in the old TBX we had lots of chat about video sunglasses. Some said they would certainly get a pair, and I wonder if anyone did. I love mine and get lots of video of fish being landed and released, making them a favourite toy. They're only used with better fish. With mine, the quality of both video and audio are excellent. I never go without them as they have good polarised lenses, are light and can be worn all day, and the camera is also polarised, so some film of fish underwater, while close to the boat, is also pretty cool.

But even more favourite is the electric motor on the bow. A 54lb Watersnake enables me to silently hold position in the tide flow, or slowly travel against it, which enables the water to be completely covered by casts, and is without doubt a big reason why we get fairly consistent fishing, and fish.
    Incidentally; the first electric, just out of warranty, failed electronically. Jarvis Walker repaired it without charge. It failed three times eventually, and was repaired each time, free of cost, including collect and return. The last time was two years ago. The motor was then four years old. I knew what the problem was and asked them to send me a small circuit board, which anyone could install. I also intended to pay for it, as the motor was then four years old. They rang to say they would not send the part. Instead they would send me a complete replacement motor, and did. How good is that for service?

What are your favourite toys? Noel.

Madfisher, creekboy, diesel and 2 others like this.
  2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    What brand of video glasses do you have Noel?

As for my favorite item...I do like stuffing around with my camera, sometimes with a tripod. On saying that it has given me some issues over the last month and being less than 2 years old, it is going to be a disappointment if some recommendations from the local camera store don't help.
    cheers
    Team Bender

3. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    An Australian company called SHELEFT, based in Melbourne. I'm on my second pair, having broken an arm of the first, which also broke the wiring inside the arm. The new ones (12months now) are more simple to drive; have a different shaped lens, and fit better to the face than the first. I always have a lanyard on them to avoid them going overboard. They come with three pairs of coloured lenses, and the polarising is quite good too. Google 'Video sunglasses' and Sheleft will come up. A friend bought a pair on line from somewhere??? but could never get them to upload to his PC, and had all kinds of issues. I thought he got a computer guy to help, to no avail. He paid about $40; I paid around $200. Really love them, and happy to pass on a few little wrinkles to save the time spent learning, and not getting the picture wanted, as I did for the first couple of times. Be great if we get some good polaroiding at Eucumbene. Something at which I've not tried them , but expect good things if the opportunity presents. Have hardly been to the lake since I got crook. I like to use a tripod at times. There's no doubt it's a better product picture, but can't be done for unpredictable images.

Seeing the world through rose, no, brown coloured glasses.

Noel.

4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    My favourite fishing toy would have to be my Garmin Etrex 10 GPS. With the help of Google Earth I can research new fishing locations plus the tracks to get me there.

Jeff :)

5. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    My favourite toy has to be my binoculars nothing better than to have a glance around when bait fishing every so often. I see things I would never see without them. Wally

kev209, creekboy and diesel like this.