1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

2 Kg Brown

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by Chili, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Have been sick for days and even told Madfisher that even though today where I am was awesome fishing wise, that I wasnt going anywhere. Half an hour after that post, after looking out the window at the perfect fishing conditions, I sucked it up, flu or no flu and went. Using a Pink T Tail and having several casts I was on. Felt small, but then it jumped and backflipped, went under and ran hard. Came up again and jumped and thrashed then after applying pressure and reeling in it decided the recently submerged prickle bushes looked good. It tangled in them, thankfully my line was 10lb with 8 lb leader and I managed to drag it out, lighter and it would have been lost. Jumped again thrashing about and ran out about 10 mtrs, then decided another prickle bush looked good. Seriously embeded in it so tightened up more and pulled, it came out. Got the net lead it to it and in, it backflipped out, "seriously!!" This fish was nuts! Another go, its in, lift the net, its empty!? Another run, back close net ready and its in. Great. Up on the bank, lift on the lure to get it out of the net and remove the lure, lure out and...it flips out of the net and flips flops down the bank! Seriously, managed to just stop it inches from the water with my boot.
    Unbelievable. So a nice healthy 2kg brown for the smoker. Now, cant post a pic but would like to show it so if anyone wants to pm me and I'll send one via email that they can post. Still feel sick as a dog but happy I manned up and went out.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Old fisho, Rod Bender, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  2. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Here ya go Chilli
    Nice fish mate ......

[​IMG]

Old fisho, Madfisher, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  3. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Thanks for that mate, much appreciated. At least for the time it fought and twenty or so minutes after I forgot about feeling so crook. Hmm, feel sick, go fishing.

4. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Nice Brownie mate, well done.
    Cheers Pete

Old fisho, Chili and kev209 like this.
  5. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    That's the nicest brown hen I've seen for a while. Lovely condition.
    I'd rather be fit and able to fish harder
    Noel
    Wishing it were me

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM
    Madfisher, kev209 and Chili like this.
  6. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Thanks mate. Going to smoke it on Saturday I hope. Weather permitting. Lovely orange flesh too.