1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

2020...fishing goals!

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by Rod Bender, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Here we go again! Another year coming up and as I mentioned on another thread, I achieved nothing in 2019! Three goals that I have had...and failed to achieve over the previous years are still there. I am not going to bother mentioning them again now. Anyway, deciding to keep it simple, I am starting with some basic, yet important goals.

First of all, by the end of February, I want to have all my new gear ready to go. That's spool up reels, sort out tackle and clean room and have everything organised.

Secondly, actually get out and fish a few times by the end of Feb...and catch a cod and a carp in that period! That is all!
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Aim low!

diesel, blair, Old fisho and 7 others like this.
  2. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    My goal for 2020 is to catch a bloody fish

diesel, blair, Old fisho and 6 others like this.
  3. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Meter Plus Murray Cod on Lure.... (same as the last 2 years HA)
    Would love to get down to Corio Bay and use my boat more as well.
    Maybe catch a Barra (this looks more likely to be a 2021 goal)

diesel, blair, Old fisho and 5 others like this.
  4. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    My goal for 2020 is to get Rod Bender out to fish!!!! cheers davo

diesel, blair, Old fisho and 7 others like this.
  5. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Like Kev said, to catch a bloody fish. Cheers, Lyall.

6. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    To get back over the beach and get some more gummys (haven't been out since November 2016) and get a kingfish 70cm+ from the CBD of paynesville ......
    Gunna use the uglystik blue water I just bought and this mint 2009 sustain 8000 and 20lb fins and 40lb fluro ......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

diesel, blair, Old fisho and 4 others like this.
  7. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Catch a Bass, a 50cm Bream from the local, and 90cm on lure (or bait I dont care really).
    Oh and Little Minnows Fishing School to grow stronger - I now have business cards floating around different parts of the coast @ various tackle shops with some bookings for early in the new year already...

let the fishing begin!

Tight lines ya'all

Anthony

8. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I am a friend on our Daughters Facebook Page, Little minnows add comes up quite regular

diesel, blair, Old fisho and 2 others like this.
  9. ratherbefishin

ratherbefishin Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2019
    I have five fishing goals (greedy I know):

* Meet Noel (he is Old "Fisho", so I'm counting it :) )
    * Learn how to properly target flatties and tailor, and get my lad and wife onto them through actual skill
    * Get out in the boat more
    * Safely traverse and return across the Narooma bar and get my family to the Dalmeny flatty grounds
    * Learn more about fishing from TBX

If I can get offshore and hook my lad and wife into a kingie or snapper, then I'll consider that an epic bonus.

Madfisher, diesel, blair and 4 others like this.
  10. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Careful Tim,
    The Old fisho may not be whatever it is you expect.
    Boss would probably describe me as a cranky old bugger but then I tend to be reciprocal on that.
    If you're prepared to take the risk, I'd be delighted to catch up with you and your family, of whom you always speak with pride and caring. I like that sort of person.
    I have believed since day one that you had all that was needed to be welcomed as a member of TBX.
    I do seriously look forward to a meeting, just as I'd love to meet the other guys but distance precludes that in most cases.
    I too am aware of the Narooma bar. In a 33' boat, we were nearly wiped out on a ridiculously flat sea. One big white topped wave just curled up from nowhere right behind us. We missed the starboard rock wall by less than two metres. It took everything the three hundred and thirty HP Volvo Penta had to power us in before it hit. Nasty stuff.
    Noel

11. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    2020 I intend to do more trout fishing haven't been much the few years for some reason. Get the jewies on lures worked out, waiting for high morning or evening or night tides , reasonable wind and heat conditions as well. hoping to change what I do for a living a bit so I am free,er like I used to be.

12. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    The same as the last few years for me - catch a bloody trout and seeing as how we are planning a trip to Tassie late in the year, it will happen. But, before that, we are going to do one last run to the Kimberleys and spend a couple of winter months at Walsh Bay (a fishing paradise), then slowly make our way down the west coast, fishing every spot I can gain access to.

That's the plan.

Jeff

13. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I often wondered what was going on with your gummy fishing Tac. On the old TBX, you frequently posted reports and pics of some memorable catches off the beach - what caused you to give it away for a few years, was it the boat fishing?

Jeff

14. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Health and depression issues......
    I only went off shore 2 times last winter from memory and haven't been out since June......

kev209 and Old fisho like this.
  15. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Your doing well to get out travelling around Diesel hopefully I will be that one day, took me about 5 years to bag a deer don't how long it took to catch any particular fish but anything above a small jewie is a challenge for me.

16. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Sorry to learn that Tac. I hope you get on top of things.

17. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    It is a bit of an effort going offshore I pick my days often don't go out, sometimes for months.

18. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Been there as well Tac. 6 weeks in hospital not a nice place to be. Work cover is still paying my psychiatrist bills have been for close on 20 years

Bluefin, Old fisho and Tackleberry like this.
  19. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It's something that I had planned for all through my working life Blair. I pulled the pin on fulltime work at the age of 55 and decided to enjoy life to the fullest whilst I still had the fitness to do so. Anybody can do it if they are prepared to forego some things, but the world is now in the grip of consumerism and most people cannot resist the temptation to spend money even if they haven't got it.

The average Australian household debt is out of control to the point that people will have to work longer to pay off what they owe. A lot of younger people blame us 'baby boomers' for their current predicament of being heavily in debt or not being able to purchase a house, but they need to take a reality check and stop spending money that they do not have. Learn to forego things and live within their means - it's easy once you get used to it.

Enough of my ranting.

Jeff

20. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Kudos to you Jeff using common sense and discipline and I bet lots of hard work,I look after my health keep fit, I usually live cheaply , bring my food and drink(water) to work, don't eat out or go out much, worked a long time often 6 or 7 days a week to being debt free,i actually starved a bit when I started contracting, stay in a tent when away fishing , had my share of s heap cars and done all my mechanical work to keep my and familys vehicles going not just go "oh bugger it I will go and buy a new car" etc luckily my Bride is good whith money don't have to worry about any creeps trying to take our money through her they wont last long. I think kids need to be taught to think ahead at school and be held accountable for their decisions and learn from it . Consumerism (Australia little America) is pushed on people from a younger and younger age I don't like it. Seems a lot of younger generation is coaxed into thinking everything that doesn't work out is not their fault.
    Now I can breathe a bit having achieved my goals I worked for. A bloke who had a mortage paying off his house I know, has received about 150k in work redundancies and p----d it all up against the wall, he complainingly said to me once "look what you have got". I didn't reply. If I had that dough I would have immediately put it towards paying off my house and lived it up a little. When I got made "redundant" from a large company a while back(I wouldn't sign their s--t eba agreement and other things) , I immediately paid out my mortage and had a nice long holiday, I am not the sort of person that company wants to employ.
    That's my longish rant nearly just wrote a book!