1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

????

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev., Apr 10, 2021.

1. kev.

kev. Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Is TBX going belly up? I've noticed the the posts are getting fewer and further apart. Our son has taken me out a few times over the last couple of months mostly for Donuts, I didn't count the 2 very small reddies.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  2. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Hey Kev,
    Sadly it looks like it is.
    I have been out of few times of late and have not posted reports as the interaction has really dropped off.
    Cheers Jed

Madfisher and kev. like this.
  3. kev.

kev. Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2020
    It's a shame as TBX was once a great forum.

Madfisher likes this.
  4. MSB

MSB Active Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Hi Kev
    I'm as guilty as anyone for not posting much, fished very little last 12 months mainly because I am an old bastard and need a little bit of help loading and unloading my boat, had that help from my Grandson, as we used to go fishing religiously every fortnight, even though he was only a young bloke he was a good help holding the boat steady in the wind and doing his bit to wind it on the winch, sadly he and his mother shifted locations and I don't see him any more.
    MSB

5. kev.

kev. Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2020
    If it wasn't for our son taking me fishing I wouldn't have wet a line.

BlackPanther17, Madfisher and MSB like this.
  6. MSB

MSB Active Member

Jan 8, 2018
    By the way Kev what are you doing up at 1.35am mate

BlackPanther17 and kev. like this.
  7. kev.

kev. Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2020
    50% tear of ligament in left shoulder, now it matches my right shoulder that stuffed up a while back. No matter which way I lay in bed they play up. I've been told by our GP that nothing can be done or will be done just physio.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    BlackPanther17 likes this.
  8. MSB

MSB Active Member

Jan 8, 2018
    I hear you Kev, my knees are the same but I found a bottle of good red of a night fixes the problem

9. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    My apologies I'm no hope at the moment my failing health has kept me Housebound for quite a while unfortunately

BlackPanther17, Madfisher and kev. like this.
  10. MSB

MSB Active Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Hope things improve for you man, nothing worse when not being able to go fishing, good health to you

11. kev.

kev. Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2020
    You don't have to apologise for anything Tack. My thoughts are with you, I hope your health picks up real soon

12. BlackPanther17

BlackPanther17 Member

Apr 26, 2021

I am here now, will engage members...you guys have years more experience than me, so expect questions

Tackleberry, Madfisher and kev. like this.
  13. BlackPanther17

BlackPanther17 Member

Apr 26, 2021

I know exactly how you feel...I decided to get out of bed and fight it , head on...I am disabled ,suffer from CRPS , in constant 24/7 high pain ...I am woman,51...I sit on my mobility scooter, get my fishing rod,my tackle box, gloves and bucket and off I go...my kids and hubby are proud of me, my neighbours and friends are very happy for me, few wants to join in and go with me

14. MSB

MSB Active Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Welcome Black Panther, you have inspired me to get off my arse and keep at it, interesting to hear about your successes or otherwise

Madfisher, kev. and BlackPanther17 like this.
  15. BlackPanther17

BlackPanther17 Member

Apr 26, 2021

Thank you...I am glad...every day we are out of bed, we are winning...catching the fish is a bonus, soaking the vitamin D and fresh air is what counts too

16. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Kev my wife had both of her Shoulders done at different times could not lift her arms or sleep on them either. Both were dislocated so she had them both reconstructed.
    They are almost perfect she went to Greg Hoy he is the surgeon she chose and would recommend for shoulders being in the Medical profession.
    Mind you she retired 8 years ago when she was 75.