1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Agree, this year can go

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Missniss, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Missniss

Missniss Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Well........ I must apologise again for my absence.......
    Have decided to concede and agree with most, this year can just GOOOOO!!! lol
    Been told boys grandfather has weeks now, not months :(
    Ex sister in-law has 6 months :(
    They both live in Qld :(
    Ethan my 21yr was in hospital from vomiting, but has recovered nicely :)
    Then, get this for dedication, Sethy has been chronically ill, vomitting, losing weight before my eyes, he kept saying he was fine cause he wanted to go fishing. Well on Monday I took him, 5 hours in the car, not complaining once, even helping me cause I nearly went b u m up.
    Yesterday, I took him to the hospital and he was rushed to ICU.
    Lucky I did, sugars were up to 19. Keytones over 9.
    He is going to be there for a while :( his blood turned acidic and very lucky things are not worse.
    BUT he is like his mum, one tough nut, we got this :)

2. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    You have had quite a year Sandy with all this, very sorry to hear about all the illness' going around, along with all the COVID-19 BS I reckon we can totally write off 2020 as the year everything turned to crap!!!

At least fishing will always remain the same, maybe even better as not as many folk are venturing out not just coz of the virus but winter is bitterly cold fishing of a night time- I am very lucky Im a shift worker and can get out during the day after work for a flick and some fun...

I hope you are OK with all the stuff going on around you, and like you said you are a tough nut, so I think you should make it out the other side- along with all the others doing it tough this year. Its spreading like wild fire, everyone is on the down and out with all the stuff changing and new laws and rules coming into place.

Hopefully it wont be too long before we can see some normality for most people and we can get back to how we were pre-COVID-19.

Good to hear from you, hope you can get out and wet a line and put up some reports sooner than later.

Tight lines
    Anthony

3. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Thank you Anthony :) we did find a nice new little fishing spot, water is running a bit fast at the moment with all our rain, BUT Seth and I are determined to get back out when he gets better :)
    I am doing ok, hard when no one is home with me, but I'll be right :)

4. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Delighted to see you back on deck Sandy. And good to see nice words from Anthony. (Don't get any other sort from him anyway). Are we going to survive all this and I don't mean illness and viruses?
    Noel

5. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Well hopefully things will calm down x

6. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Its a bit like TBX, totally stuffed. Lyall.

Master Baiter and Missniss like this.
  7. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Lyall is right of course.
    In this final post it would be remiss of me to not say a huge thank you to all the guys and dolls who became my friends one way or another during the years with TBX. I had hoped it would continue as it had become but that was not meant to be. Thinking it would take a bomb to destroy it, in reality it took but one short sentence and it would be a big ask to expect it to recover.
    Over and out
    Noel