1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Bender vs the creek!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Rod Bender, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Here it is losers!!!! The much anticipated pic of my....wait...for...it...35 ish cm carp! Caught last Friday out of the creek.
    carp.JPG
    Bait was yabbies. And actually got this on a yabby tail cos some carp thieved the rest of the yabbie! I had a bait trap in as well and that got me a few shrimp and a couple yabbies so that made me happy! The creek looked rather good and was at about 80% flow.
    creek.JPG
    Purchased some pink food dye as well to color up corn on my next dedicated carp hunt. In the meantime I am going to spend some time chasing yellas and redfin.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Has allocated 5% of my fishing time to chasing carp...that is all it will take to beat Maize Man!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    kev209, creekboy, blair and 1 other person like this.
  2. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Is that your livebait in the net R.B, heh heh.:rolleyes:

3. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I launched the last attempt yesterday to claim victory in my carp challenge...but it wasn't to be!o_O There was good flow in the creek. As soon as I got some yabbies for bait, I started to get bites. If I wasn't on the phone to someone, I likely would have got a fish.

I think there may be some issues with my new baitrunner reel...the spool takes a few seconds before it engages when you start winding. Time taken to engage seems to fluctuate a bit as well. I have an identical reel which I will have to try and see if it is the same.

The end result...no fish and I brought 3 yabbies home for bait.
    yabbies.JPG
    I am not sure when I will use them but they keep ok at this time of the year. So watch this space!
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Starting hibernation.

creekboy, blair, diesel and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Not really where I wanted to be but I had little choice...this place has facilities! Not to mention sitting alongside a noisy highway! New pains in various body parts have emerged and so far this is like a chore!
    20200518_140030.jpg
    Cheers
    Team Bender

blair, creekboy, diesel and 1 other person like this.
  5. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    What's going on Jim, things don't sound to good. I know it's easy for me to say but look after yourself and take it easy.
    PS. Your to young to become a member of the A.O.T. Club

blair, creekboy, diesel and 2 others like this.
  6. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi,Jim.Like Kev said x2. Lyall.

Rod Bender, blair and kev209 like this.
  7. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    No fish...no yabbies. Not even a bite that I saw. The creek was dropping which I knew before I came. A mate turned up and he had no luck as well. I used corn to start with and then I did manage to get a few shrimp.

It is a big hard to get motivated at times but I know there is always someone worse off than myself. I am going to have to lift my game cos within a week, I will be going up against Team Wally!:cool:
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Down but not out!

creekboy, blair and kev209 like this.
  8. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It's probably all those malted mullet gut lattes you've been drinking. Up here in Qld, us real blokes just shovel a spoonful of Nescafe in the gob and wash it down with a mug of boiling water when we want a coffee hit - none of that girly stuff for us :cool:.

Jeff

9. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Lyn and I have just got home from having the corona virus test. We are both in the high risk category for catching the virus. Now we are in self isolation for 5-7 days waiting for the results.

creekboy, diesel and blair like this.
  10. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    What prompted you to have the test, Kev, symptoms or just for peace of mind?

My wife had flu like symptoms for a couple of weeks so she had the test and the results were available in 24 hours. We were not concerned that she may have contracted the virus, but it was mainly for peace of mind. Since she had the test, we have been made aware that there are a lot of false negative results and also some false positives.

Jeff

blair, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  11. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Due to Lyn and I both being in the high risk category it was just for peace of mind.

12. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Fishing sunny Numurkah today...on the Broken Creek. Little did I know the shallow lake above the small weir was drained!
    20200525_131459.jpg
    So below the weir it is! The colored corn is out and the wait starts!
    20200525_133632.jpg
    I use tweezers to put the corn on so I don't have to touch it. Then I touch it to take a pic! :confused: Shouldn't be on my phone either but me thinks the real serious fishing can wait til later. Now it is stress relief.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Color blind!

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  13. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    just get the SAS yabbies to grab the carp R.B

creekboy, diesel and Rod Bender like this.
  14. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    I left them at home! Bigger fish to fry with them! :cool:

Finished the day with 2 carp of which the best was around 45 cms. The corn worked fine but I would think worms would outfish the corn. I like the black kernal as it stands out in dirty water. I used pink dye as madfisher says carp like pink. To me the pink looked more like red!

I started with a paternoster rig which worked fine. Broke it off so then tried the 'running hook' above sinker rig again. Knowing that if I get a fish there will be a lot of pressure on the sinker knot, I paid more attention to the knot. Hookup...and the knot failed! :mad: By the looks of it, it just came undone. Poorly tied or a rig that just puts too much pressure on the knot? May not try it again and therefore may never know!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Sent 2 carp to a watery grave!

creekboy, blair, diesel and 1 other person like this.
  15. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Proposed fish stockings for the coming year. Fisheries are looking after my favorite creeks!
    20200529_004557.jpg
    As well as Seven Creeks and they are also looking after Team Wally!
    20200529_005229.jpg
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Looks like Team Fisheries have finally woken up to my fish catching ability!

diesel likes this.
  16. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Murrimbidgee rivers system carp 100000000000000