1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Besides fishing.......

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by diesel, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Try again
    DSCF2155TBX.jpg

2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    It sure did,Noel. Nice trout . Cheers, creekboy.

kev209 likes this.
  3. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    You just had to click on the first photo to enlarge it. Cheers, creekboy.

kev209 likes this.
  4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    As I am a volunteer in a non-operational CFA brigade here in Shepparton, I am in the ICC (incident control centre) on standby with the high fire danger. So far it has been good as the wind speed has been low, although it is starting to pick up now. Radio chatter from across the state as the odd fire starts but nothing to concern us.

Police and ambos are also here including a ....wait for it.......ambo hottie who was here earlier! She obviously realised she would not be able to resist me for the entire day so she left earlier!:rolleyes: That's my story and I am sticking with it!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Looking forward to stepping down from DEFCON1 at the end of the day!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  5. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Good to see you are concentrating on the important things bender:D
    Was just looking at the radar,lot of lightning strikes up around swan hill-mildura way.lets hope nothing comes from them.
    Keep up the good work bender:):)

Team AWL
    can sleep safe in my bed tonight knowing bender is on watch.

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.
  6. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    There are concerns regarding lightning. Storms have developed but seem to be slipping by well to the south but things are rather laid back here...like coiled springs!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    May be out on a hot date tonight with ambo chick whilst AWOL has a false sense of security!

creekboy, diesel, AJ Fishman and 2 others like this.
  7. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Don't go putting the aftershave on just yet bender.Looking at the radar that front is slipping down past swan hill and starting to follow the river down towards our way,give it an hour or 2.

8. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    That was fun!
    Yep...your timing was about right! As Yoda would say, "The fan, sh!t will hit"! But here is the thing...it hit when we were having tea...pizza! So yeah, we weren't too concerned!:) Storm front comes through...starts multiple grass fires in the area but we were so lucky the rain band came through and extinguished them.

Of course resources had to be responded including aircraft. Some, if not all aircraft had to return or divert. I heard some radio traffic from a helicopter I think saying that the fire was visible and going well but he was not going anywhere near it because of the weather.

The idea may have been to approach from behind the thunderstorms and tackle the fires if rain missed them. That is my interpretation of what I overheard. I think next time they may be staying on the ground and waiting for storms to pass then go! They do use caution at all times and today tried something before abandoning the plan.

Heaps of powerlines down across our area and trees. I had to avoid some debris on the drive home. As nothing got to any decent size we were not involved. It also just dawned on me I forgot to get hot ambo chicks phone number!:mad:
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Goin' it alone again tonight!:(

creekboy, DeeBeeKay, AWL and 3 others like this.
  9. AWL

AWL Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2016
    Certainly was plenty of lightning around before the wind & rain hit.
    You wouldn't of got me up in any flying machine in that no matter what was burning.
    Still plenty of limbs lying around today,including one over a car at baringa i seen this morning.

creekboy, diesel, DeeBeeKay and 2 others like this.
  10. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Apart from fishing I was doing volunteer work at the local RSL, my other passion is sh*tstirring Rod Bender:D cheers davo

creekboy, diesel, AJ Fishman and 3 others like this.
  11. MSB

MSB Active Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Good luck with the recovery from you hand surgery Creekboy
    Ron
    MSB

creekboy, AJ Fishman and kev209 like this.
  12. Missniss

Missniss Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Gone from riding this
    WR.jpg.jpg
    To driving this......
    Don't bounce so well as you get older lol
    cruiser.jpg