1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Bring On 2019

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Bluefin, Dec 9, 2018.

1. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Never say never kev, probably a massive p.b whith your name on it just waiting for u to throw a hook down its throat!
    If u stay home u know what is going to happen for the day not so if out having a fish.
    I am right handed , cast right handed and wind right handed. Have tried switching to winding left handed just doesn't feel right (no pun intended). Will switch over on prolonged battles.
    I have a bag like that for beach fishing Jeff, very comfy and functional, maybe that's why my keg is getting bigger and bigger because I bring plenty of food and supplies for my safaris:), any one would think I am going fishing for a week whith my new backpack, hmmmm not a bad idea.
    Actually most times I get back from the bush and reasonable amount of walking the boss says"youve lost weight"
    cheers

2. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    We got Lyn's Biopsy results today. A not very good Melanoma as the Doctor put it. So more tests and surgery for Lyn.

creekboy likes this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Sorry to hear that, Kev. I hope it all goes well.

Jeff

Rod Bender, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Hope it turns out not being too serious Kev, my wife had cancerous thyroid and lymph nodes removed about 22 years ago and is still going well now , gradually got rid of lingering small amounts and is completely clear now. radioactive therapy at first, has a healthy glow now.
    blair

5. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    You tell her to get well soon. We have to meet up again. Give Lyn our best wishes. We're thinking of her. N & J

6. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Good luck to Lyn, Kev. We both wish her well. Lyall.

diesel and kev209 like this.
  7. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Struth Jeff, i had a tackle bag like that when i was a kid, wading the flats for Whiting.Im about to pass it on to my 8 year old Grandson!!

kev209 and creekboy like this.
  8. Missniss

Missniss Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2018
    I stand by my predictions :) Sorry I haven't been on, been shat on, kicked while I was down (by a so called friend) first house fell through, now have a few weeks till I have to move out.
    It can only get better :) Next year I am cleaning my life from toxic people, hopefully have a house soon, just might not be on for a little while. It's only me at home at the moment, so trying to sort and pack on my own :)
    BUT do not fear, you aren't getting rid of me that easily lol BRING ON 2019!!!!!!!!

9. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Sorry to hear about the house missniss and being let down by "friends" my back looks like an echidna,s I have that many knives sticking out of it. I used to be self employed and it can get very dirty, all of the piggies haven't done themselves any favours getting involved in the greed so I just roll whith it and learn and get the last laugh.
    I started 2019 recovering from burst appendix so hopefully it can only go up. might go for a trout fish in about a week.
    tight lines for 2019

10. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Gees Blair, sounds like you are getting rid of the nasty stuff early in the year :)
    Can definitely only get better from there.
    I am not going to let things get me down. Has to be my year this year :)

11. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    I was going to hit the Like button, but some of this I dont Like, The trout fishing sounds Good !!

12. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Happy new year bluefin, a bit of trout fishing and walking about should do me well have nearly reached my weight goal already nothing like getting sick to lose a bit of weight!
    tight lines

13. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Well I might have a new house :) SO things are looking up already :)
    This year has to be better. Will keep you guys posted, I am thinking that once I move to a nicer house I might even go for my stem cell treatment :) Hectic as at the moment, heat and chemo do not mix well. But I am not giving in just yet :)

kev209, creekboy, blair and 2 others like this.
  14. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Good to hear things are going well missniss, just keep having a go.

kev209, creekboy and Missniss like this.
  15. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    X2. Cheers, Lyall.

kev209 likes this.
  16. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Got my new house :) WOOHOO although the Gods could give me cooler weather to try and move :(
    47 - 52c tomorrow :( wish I could get a break there, but oh well.
    New house is insulated AND brand new split system in it.
    Just put up a new fence, took 2 days. But looking better already :)
    So if I am not on much before the 28th you know why :)

17. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Im happy for you, Thats Great !!!!!!!!!!

creekboy, kev209 and Missniss like this.
  18. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Thank you :) I am wrapped :)

creekboy, kev209 and Bluefin like this.
  19. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Good one glad u got it. enjoy that air con!. No working hard in hot wheather hopefully we can keep avoiding work till it cools down.
    2019 a year of wins!

creekboy, kev209 and Missniss like this.
  20. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Move is finally done and dusted :) one room is still just boxes, but can take my time now :)
    Need to do some work around the yard, but nothing a whipper snipper and ride on won't fix :)
    4 hours pulling cat heads :( but loving it :)

creekboy, kev209, blair and 1 other person like this.