1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Broken Bay report without piccies

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing' started by reelaxation, Jun 11, 2019.

1. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Went down the local beach yesterday arvo amidst the unseasonal winter weather - which was glorious!

Started off drowning some worms and got a nice 'ting first cast- then I dropped a honker only feet from me! (spewing)
    It was complete mayhem- as soon as I cast out I was getting bites but no hookups- the bait was gone within seconds of it hitting the water.
    In between this I did manage a double header on Tarwhine, which was particularly special as I dont regularly see these around my local and pulled some string considering the biggest was around 30cm and the smaller one about 22cm.

After running a bit low on worms I switched to mullet but it went just as quick so I figured there was just too many pickers!

After a little while I managed to nail 2 Bream around the 25cm mark and 2 more tarwhine with no more 'ting and no Taylor/flatties.
    Just after the sun set it slowed considerably and I was down to my last worm- which I managed to get another bream and another tarwhine in consecutive casts.

Ended up with 6 Tarwhine, 2 Bream and the lone 'ting for the session and back home around 6:30pm in time to wind down and relax before back to work.

Cannot wait till next weekend get to do it all again! YYYEEEWWW!!!... Hopefully the Salmon and Taylor make an appearance as its been a while.

Tight lines ya'all

Anthony
    :)

diesel, blair, Master Baiter and 3 others like this.
  2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Well done Anthony. Good luck on the next outing. Cheers, Lyall.

kev209 likes this.
  3. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    thanks for report Anthony always nice to catch a good whiting.

kev209 and creekboy like this.
  4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    How's this for a whiting? 58 cm KG.

I don't know who the fat geezer in the pic is, but that's one hell of a good fish.

c896f691-09af-5540-8682-de2964343d4d.jpg

I have seen a few 55 cm KG's, but never one that big.

Jeff

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    creekboy, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  5. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    his mate looks like he is really enjoying his beer!

6. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Yes he does, but he could be drowning his sorrows because he wasn't the one who caught it.

Jeff

creekboy, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  7. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Most likely reason, Jeff. Cheers, Lyall.

kev209 likes this.