1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Burrendong and windamere dams

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by TheBream, Aug 26, 2005.

1. TheBream

TheBream New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    just after some info one these two dams as i'm planing a fishing week away for myself and my father

would like to find out about the camping there and all the normal info too (like stop x's LOL)

2. tex

tex New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    I've fished Windemere a few times, you enter through the cudgegong waters caravan park which has a pretty good ramp. You can camp at the park I'm sure they have powered sites, unsure whether you can camp at other spots out on the dam.
    Always produces good yellowbelly, silvers and the occasional cod. Had some great success on bait there, particularly scrub worms. The best lure I've used there is the Oar-gee brand. As for Burrendong..I've never fished there but I understand there's alot of Redfin.

3. TheBream

TheBream New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    so ya stock orgee???

one of my all time fave lures for the bream is the orgee lil ripper they have caught me heap of bream in all types of places from swimming them over oyster racks to weaveing in amost the snags

looking forward to heading down to the dam in three weeks but as i have never fished hard for yellow (or cods) only bass really and some trout

p.s. might come down to the store not this monday but the next to say hi

4. tex

tex New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Yeah Mate drop in by all means!!
    I don't actually stock Oar-Gee, but can get em easy enough.
    Those lil rippers do look awesome, there's just too many lures to choose from these days. :grin:

5. Courtancer

Courtancer Guest

I was at Windemere last weekend. Its the lowest I've ever seen it at the moment but still getting some good catches. Most times I've fished there we'll get a couple of yellow bellys. Usually on lures but bait also works well.
    The camping ground is OK. Its got showes and toilets which are generally in a good condition. I don't think there are any powered tent sites but there's a few cabbins and on site vans. The only bad thing I can say about the place is the bloody jet skis on some weekends. You should be right for this time of year though.

6. tex

tex New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    G'day Courtdancer,

Do you still need to access the park by the coin operated boomgate??

7. Courtancer

Courtancer Guest

Yep, its still the same old gate. Still only $2 too.

8. TheBream

TheBream New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    considering how low the waters are from what i hear do you think then that i maybe should go to a place like glenbourn?

9. Courtancer

Courtancer Guest

There's still plenty of water there.
    It would be a tough choice between Windemere and Glenbawn. Last time I was at Glenbawn it was with some members of the fishing club and we had access to the fishing shed. That made things pretty comfortable.
    They're fairly similar places, but it would just be the luck of the draw as to which is better on the day, (weather, biting, etc).