1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Come in spinner

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by diesel, May 28, 2020.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I know back on the old TBX we had some members who made spinner-baits and just wondering if any current members are into it?

I've been thinking about trying my hand at it for a while, but then I've also been thinking that maybe some things are best left to those who know what they're doing.

Jeff

creekboy and blair like this.
  2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    I bought 5 from Dave C $5.00 each free post, they worked well tried them all in my pool never got around to using them. At that time I did not have a rod that was suitable.
    It was posted on here that Dave C has his own forum on FB but I cant find it now.
    Wally

3. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Hey Jeff,
    I have considered the same.
    The molds are expensive to get here in Aus. I am / was planning a trip to the USA at some stage and that is one thing I will be bringing back with me. Spinner bait are not hard to make if you buy all the components.
    Looking forward to see your work :)
    Cheers Jed

creekboy, blair, Rod Bender and 2 others like this.
  4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Getting the components is a bit of a challenge Jed. Plenty of heavy heads are available, but I wanted to make some 1/4 oz units. I thought Kingston Lures would be a sure bet - no go on the light stuff at the moment. I might have to look at the US.

Jeff

creekboy and blair like this.
  5. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Jeff Dav C has joined the tacklebox group on Facebook, you can message him there.
    Pete

6. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Thanks Pete. I was going to ask you if it was the same Dave C - you've answered the question.

Jeff

7. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Do you have a rod that will handle them now Wally?

In regards to Dave's forum on FB, from memory it was a group called 'Fishbook'!

As for making spinnerbaits, I would go for it diesel! I may be wrong but I guess the only thing that will require some 'making' is pouring and painting the head and the rest is assembling purchased components?
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Spinnerbait technician!

blair, Madfisher and diesel like this.
  8. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Yes Jim, I have a 4 - 7 kg Rapala Maxwell rod and for plastics if I get around to them a 2 - 4 kg Rapala Maxwell Rod.

blair, diesel and Rod Bender like this.
  9. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    You will see him as "David Cod" in Tacklebox FB page and also he runs the Fishbook page after the other admin (was OffTheRocky here in Tbx) left and started his own fly fishing page.

Master Baiter, blair and diesel like this.
  10. Albatross1

Albatross1 Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Hi Jeff, have a look at www.u-make-emsoftplastics.com.au (in Oz) and www.lurepartsonline.com (in the USA) for spinnerbait components etc. I have bought from both of these suppliers before without any issues.
    Cheers, Chris

blair, Madfisher and diesel like this.
  11. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Thanks for the info Chris, I will check them out.

Jeff

blair and Madfisher like this.