1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Could become Legal its happening anyway.

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Master Baiter, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Cindy McLeish MP
    FISHING BANNED

The Victorian Fishing Minister Tweeted tonight that recreational fishing - even alone - is not permitted. That also applies to shooting and hunting for recreational purposes.

Tim Quilty MLC
    - Liberal Democrats - Northern Victoria
    Wally Fishing for food is not banned by the declaration. However the Vic government is claiming that it is.
    The NSW govt reversed the ban yesterday - we’re pushing the Vic govt to do the same and say it is ok.
    It isn’t banned, and it should be allowed if you can do it responsibly without breaking the social distancing remains.
    Wally

Old fisho, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  2. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    C26C3DAA-CC4D-46CA-86B9-961C1C484FF9.jpeg 5E790D21-D60C-43FA-ABAD-C593380667A6.jpeg 5E790D21-D60C-43FA-ABAD-C593380667A6.jpeg 43695A7D-5F22-456E-816F-D4B1E54D02C9.jpeg 4E276078-7DFC-43A4-B661-DE538F7A9214.jpeg Tim Quilty MLC - Liberal Democrats - Northern Victoria
    To be clear – fishing and hunting are not actually banned by the COVID 19 restrictions, despite what the police may think. If you are doing it to provide for food and obtain exercise, and obeying the other social distancing rules, then you are within the law, and the police have no business bothering you.

The restrictions say you can leave your house to get food: you’ll be a damn sight lower risk - to yourself, and to others - when you are fishing in a boat than you would be queueing up with 200 other people in the supermarket. And hunting on foot is an excellent form of exercise.

The government is going over the top with their phase three lockdown. It is just absolute nonsense to be trying to ban fishing or hunting.

We are all being forced to put up with these restrictions to try and stop the virus. As responsible adults we all want to do what we can to deal with the crisis with the minimum loss of life.

But the government seems to be getting carried away with the power. If you are following the social distancing rules, there is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to go fishing or hunting. We need the government to stop treating us like children.

Perhaps in Melbourne there isn’t enough space for everyone – but there is absolutely no reason why in the regions we can’t fish or hunt while keeping safe. As we have seen, this government likes nothing more than locking us out of the bush. Now they have one more excuse.

We need to stay safe – if you break a leg while hunting in the bush you will be pulling people away to rescue you, breaking social distancing and tying up medical resources. But if you can hunt and fish responsibly and behave like an adult, you should be free to go ahead.

If you get harassment from the police for fishing – be polite (after asking them to observe safe distancing behaviour) and explain you have left your house to harvest food. If they order you to stop I recommend complying with their directions, but report it to me so we can get it sorted out.

My colleague and I will talk to the Police Minister and the Health Minister about this. The government does not have a licence to use the emergency powers more than absolutely necessary. You can trust the Liberal Democrats to make sure that the police aren’t making up laws as they go along. Mind the crowded lake. 05DE4900-5E71-4110-A164-EC50C8F60F79.jpeg
    Wally

Attached Files:

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  3. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Another example of our politicians misusing and abuse of power and arrogance, we must be carefull to vote that one out.
    I have an email from DPI saying it is still ok to hunt, as long as adhering to the safe distancing rules, and follow precautions on the way there and back.
    Hope you can safely fit yourself into that crowded shoreline Wally.
    I watched on tv how Singapore succesfully dealt whith the virus. it should be broadcast on all channels.

4. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    Taiwan as well Blair.Bottom line get ahead of it in the first place. Westerners are chasing it CV got away.
    Wally

5. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Yesterday a very close friend had a visit from the Police checking if he was home and observing self isolation. The police had the right address but the wrong person after he produce photo ID they left. I was wondering how many people were giving bogus addresses.

blair likes this.
  6. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    probably lots that are infected, a bunch of doctors who are infected escaped quarantine.

7. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    This was posted today on the VFA facebook page.
    Screenshot_2020-04-02-17-08-32.png
    To me, CC can get away with it as he rides his bike from home. The way I understand it, from the goverment's point of view, if you have to get into your car, then going fishing is not allowed.

At this time I will be following the guidelines maybe with one exception. I may try some secluded channel if I can plan it to work in after my last day of work next week. Plenty of channels around the orchards!

I know there are people like Wally who live in secluded areas who can get out in the car and fish an area without any contact...I don't have a problem with that.
    Cheers
    Team Bender

creekboy, blair, Dickson and 2 others like this.
  8. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    On channel 7 news tonight they showed the restrictions and fishing had a big red cross and they said fishing was out

creekboy, blair and Master Baiter like this.
  9. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    G'day all ...... with all this s*** going on at the moment from Our illustrious Communist Party leader in Victoria how the hell do we spend our stimulus payment when we finally get it . in Bairnsdale they are fining people for driving around for no valid reason ......

10. Dickson

Dickson Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2019
    Wear a fluro top driving anywhere they will think your a Tradie;)

kev209, creekboy, blair and 2 others like this.
  11. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    I still cannot get my head around banning firearms and ammunition sales there is absolutely no valid reason . you have a licence it's legal and what's the difference of whether I have 1 firearm or 20 I am still me no threat ......

And when the weather alows I will be going fishing as I have not seen any meat that I can afford here for 2 weeks ......

kev209, creekboy, blair and 1 other person like this.
  12. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    The coppers are all power drunk here to. Two women who worked together in a Retail shop together decided rather than have their lunch in a lunch room with a few others went out to the large centre strip and had lunch.
    Along came Mr and Mrs Plod and gave them a fine as they were not living in the same Household.

kev209, creekboy and blair like this.
  13. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    I had to laugh when the commi hunchback yesterday said we couldn't visit our partners because it was not one of the four reasons for being out the door ......

kev209, creekboy and blair like this.
  14. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    These are all good posts but all they do set in concrete to me is that confusion still reigns when it come to understanding current do's and don'ts. There should be no differentiation between the opinions of any pollies, police, or anyone else in a position of authority. The rules and regulations they are paid to enforce should be as clear as crystal and that applies to we who are involved at our end too.
    Noel

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    blair, kev209 and diesel like this.
  15. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    There should be more consistency in the information given by politicians, doctors, and the police.

People may disagree with me but In my opinion all states and territories should have the same laws, rules and regulations.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    diesel, blair and Old fisho like this.
  16. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Driving rules should be national and the good laws and rules for outdoors people. I cant get a permit to ride an MX bike in a state forest in nsw but you can in VIC ,VIC seems to have better fishing rules as well.

diesel, Old fisho and kev209 like this.