1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Darling River

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by eerfree, Sep 8, 2005.

1. eerfree

eerfree New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Be nice to me now!!
    Has anyone fished the Darling between Bourke and Menindee?
    I will be headed down that way soon, I have plenty of time and a good 4by and O/R caravan setup just need to know are there many spots I can pull off the road and camp also which is the best road for camping, North or South of the river.
    Thanks in advance
    eerfree.

2. craig308

craig308 Member

Aug 24, 2005
    eerfree i would give the bourke visitor information center a ring they should put u on the right track. most of the access to the river is though private farm land
    cheers craig

3. eerfree

eerfree New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Craig
    Thanks for that I will be in contact with them next week.
    cheers
    eerfree

4. mallee

mallee New Member

Sep 1, 2005
    eerfree. The Darling is a great river, have fished it a lot with my dear old dad. Above north Bourke pub there is a caravan park and the natives don't go there and its on the river, 19Km below Bourke is a weir that is not bad, at Louth go over the river and camp oppisite the pub. It is good to put a boat in there and go down at few bends to fish, the pub owner will give you the good oil on what is happening. Have never been to Tilpa but fished Menindee in May and we got them at the Main weir, it is about 9Km on Broken Hill road go past Bourke & Wills camp, turn left and go to main weir, Fish below for yellers and above for all fish & good yabbies. Fish close to trees. Regards Mallee

5. eerfree

eerfree New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Mallee
    Thanks much,sounds better all the time!
    eerfree