1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Fish or swim

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Sep 5, 2019.

1. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    My late Father was a roll your own smoker, on many occasions as a kid I saw him rubbing willow or gum leaves onto his hands

diesel, blair, Chili and 1 other person like this.
  2. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    That oil etc would be the biggest downside I guess to being a mechanic I didnt deal with the smell of it when I worked on large earth moving equipment, got petrol on my hands yesterday and scrubbed my hands twice and they still stunk of petrol lucky I wasn't going fishing. Now just to throw all our brilliant theories out the window my brother in law says he seen a couple of nigg (hang on cant say that anymore) blackf (hang on cant say that anymore) luderick fishermen put turps on the weed and catching lots of fish while he caught none.

kev209, diesel and Old fisho like this.
  3. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    The mind boggles. Your conversion to political correctness is also mind boggling

kev209 and diesel like this.
  4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Depends who I am communicating whith and where, how politically "correct" I am heh heh, I will remember the gum leaf trick kev that natural scent would mask nearly anything.

kev209, diesel and Old fisho like this.