1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Fishing Licence in Australia by state

Discussion in 'Going Fishing, Travelling?' started by Better Tackle, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Better Tackle

Better Tackle New Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Hey guys I am Josh from Better Tackle.

Weather has been horrible up in CQ last few weeks but it gave me time to finally get some blog stuff going on my site.

If you are travelling around OZ and want to know if you need a fishing licence and where to get it I have compiled all the info on one quick article along with the links on where to get a licence and the rules and regulations for each state.

This is the link here

Tight lines and no fines

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Hi Josh, welcome to TBX. I'm only a good cast away from you, just west of Emerald.

Jeff

creekboy, Better Tackle and kev209 like this.
  3. Better Tackle

Better Tackle New Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Hey Jeff that is not a huge cast at all. I was stationed at out Emerald a good 15 years ago and have fond memories of the pubs and night life. I swear no one has a good time like lads from out west

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    The town has quietened down a fair bit in the past couple of years, Josh, mainly due to the slump in mining. The fishing out here is not real flash at the moment with the dam down to 10% and we are going to need a lot of rain in the catchment for things to improve. It will happen, but until then, it means a run to the coast or a trip out further west to the Barcoo whenever I feel the need to chuck lures for a few days - either way means a 400 km road trip.

Jeff

creekboy, kev209 and Better Tackle like this.
  5. Better Tackle

Better Tackle New Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Mate that sucks and I know too well how that drive is from Emerald to the coast. In saying that there has been some bloody good fishing in rocky the last 2 years since they stopped netting in the river. Well worth the weekend trip, even been a few decent size Jacks being pulled out lately. And yeah mate you will get that rain but when it comes you know how it is, it will be too much then that is a different set of problems

creekboy and kev209 like this.