1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Going on a Carp Hunt....

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by jedgpz, Oct 14, 2020.

1. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    With all the carp fishing going on I was inspired to do something different. I am normally a lure fisherman but with cod season closed here I thought I would try going back to some bait and chase a Mud Marlin.
    Headed to the Nine Mile Creek, which i have never fished before. Bait Corn and Worms.
    Things started slow for the first hour and a half. Then Bang the corn rod goes off. and Mud Marlin number 1. 50 cms I had to wrestle it up the bank as the line broke just at the waters edge.
    About 30 mins later Mud Marlin number 2 on corn. 40cm no dramas landing this one.
    Then about 3mins later the worm rod goes off and I was thinking Carp 3 but to my surprise a "by catch" of 44cm yella.
    All fish were released 2 were dead and one alive ;)
    Cheers Jed Nine Mile Carp 1.jpg Nine Mile Carp 2.jpg Nine mile Yella.jpg Goanna.jpg

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Looked a great day weather wise as weii as the catch. What did you take the pic's with? they are really good with great detail.
    wally

Madfisher, Dickson and kev. like this.
  3. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Hey there Wally,
    Weather was perfect :).
    Pics are just taken with my Iphone xs They are amazing for pictures. I do have a Canon 60D that takes great pictures too.
    12 Apotles small.jpg
    Took this one with the Canon last week when I was down at Apollo Bay for a week.
    Cheers Jed

Madfisher, Master Baiter and kev. like this.