1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

GOT SOME PICS IN AT LAST.

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Old fisho, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I managed to get three pics posted with some info from Kev.
    Will repost them as they were probably not in a good topic.
    This a 95 taken on a little 65mm Squidgy wriggler in our lake. She went back in of course.
    Using 4lb braid and 6lb leader, which usually start close to 3m. When they get to 1.5m I usually discard. This certainly applies at present as the water is crystal clear after no rain for many weeks. Stealth is the answer.
    Having trouble getting them in here. Will post this and see if they go into the next one.

Attached Files:

Chili, Master Baiter, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  2. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Well it went in even though It indicated the reverse.
    No matter. It happened.
    Will try the others at full size rather than as icon. 20161129_152718.jpg My mate Brian hooked this flattie. It was 40cm and grabbed by a monster. We suggest the hole near its head was from the big front teeth and note the scales rubbed off near the tail. Our idea; with a few years of experience, is that it grabbed this at an angle, was around 20cm across the head and was likely to be around 120 long. Having never seen one that big, we wished we'd had at least a look before it let go and swam away. Look at his untidy hook knot too. Bad fishing.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Chili, Master Baiter, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  3. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    This is my mad mate's wife with her 89er.
    She wanted to keep it, being her first ever big fish and she could quite legally.
    I filleted it for her and we shared it for dinner. It was no different to a smaller one. Excellent. Conni nearly cried when she saw the amount of roe inside and vowed to never kill another biggie. I found a 30cm mullet inside. Sounds incredible but is exactly the same as a 30 taking a 100mm plastic.
    There are lots of pics from little Tuross and can show more now if wanted.
    Noel
    Fisho supremo with more luck than skill.
    DSCN0278.JPG

Chili, Master Baiter, kev209 and 3 others like this.
  4. jedgpz

jedgpz Active Member

Aug 15, 2019
    some nice fish there

kev209 and Old fisho like this.
  5. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Great to see you adding pictures to your posts, they look great

Old fisho likes this.
  6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Great to see some pics posted.

Madfisher, Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  7. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Wow, great fish mate!
    Bummer can't post pics my end.

Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  8. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Not that I really know but played with some images in my phone this morning.
    I can get them to show where you choose thumb or full image but they won't go into the text.
    Is that where you're at Chilli?
    Noel
    A thousand km from being a guru

Madfisher and kev209 like this.
  9. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Yeah mate that sounds like me. Under my post im writing there is "Upload a file" I can click it, go into file options, then to my phone, choose a picture, regardless of size so its not the file is too large as I've tried even tiny ones, but when it downloads it, at the end I get Error in red.

10. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Hey Old Fisho, back to those big fish of yours, I love using plastics. Did you notice the difference too when you started using them!? You started catching on average bigger fish? Theyre big fish magnets I reckon.

Old fisho, kev209 and Madfisher like this.
  11. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Hi Chill.
    Our mate Kev told me to not use the 'open' bit after selecting an image to post. He said that by dragging the image (or name) to the post worked. I can now use that and tried to do it from my phone. The image is there below the post but when I try to insert either a thumb or full picture; nothing happens. I didn't try to resize it. I'll try resizing one and have another go. We have a new member working with computers. Hopefully he'll be able to give better info. Mine's sorely limited.
    Plastics: I had always used mostly lures but when we hit the road, having any sort of bait in the caravan was frowned on by others more superior. I added some plastics. Never did that well initially but as normal, it takes a while to technique most things. Now I use little else. I'm unsure about your comment re catching bigger fish. I more likely suggest that fishers might have some control over the number of fish but less over the size of same. Those big fish that some only dream of are to my mind inevitable. They happen because you are out there. The more often you go; the more likely that big one becomes (eventually). When I could fish more seriously, I used to get between 500 and a 1000 fish here each year. Boss says I released at least 95%. I can't fish like that now.
    Noel

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:46 PM
    kev209 likes this.
  12. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Fair enough mate. From my personal experiences though I'm sticking to that theory. (Insert friendly smiley face here)

13. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    To contradict your theory Chilli; see small fish on the AK skiting post.

kev209 likes this.