1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

How a Prawn Swims

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by Bluefin, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2016
    As a lot of you know I have discovered the Holt Swimming Prawn, It imitates the correct swimming action of a Prawn. Monday is the day!!

2. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Old fisho, diesel and kev209 like this.
  3. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Monday postponed as we are feeding those evacuated from the fires west of Kempsey.
    This hall is deemed to be safe as it survived the fire earlier this week. Nothing around it left to burn !! Scary stuff !!

Old fisho, diesel and kev209 like this.
  4. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Keep safe BF

Old fisho and diesel like this.
  5. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  6. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    It's been a pretty torrid time for many.
    Fully expected TBX guys to be in there helping if it was needed or possible.
    Noel

Bluefin and kev209 like this.
  7. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    Ok The time has come the Walrus said !! Tomorrow is my comeback day. 5:00 at boat ramp, Start a troll for Jew when approaching the road bridge. Side Scan on. Mark anything interesting. Troll across the Bridge pylons, Again Mark anything interesting. When tide slows, use Motorguide to "anchor" off the pylons and fish SP's for Jew. Try out new Prawn lures !!!! Now have some 5" 15 gram. Should be good !! Once we have our limit of 2 , move up river chasing Flathead !! ( live in hope and die in expectation ) Howard.

kev209, Old fisho and Rod Bender like this.
  8. Bluefin

Oct 24, 2016
    The Outcome !!!!!!!! Drum Roll >>>>>>>>>>>> 2 flathead and a stingray we had to chase, could not stop it. Eventually busted off. Took a Savage 3.5" 3d prawn over a rockbar drop off. First thought Jew or Bull shark, But just before the line frayed, 16 lb fluro, it glued itself to the bottom. and no head shakes !! 3 things that went wrong? Flat sounder battery, I thought it was ok, trailer Flat tyre on the way to the boat ramp. Blew a fuse in the electric motor.
    Beautiful morning to start, But now we have 33kph winds. Did I enjoy it ? YES.

Old fisho, blair and kev209 like this.