1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

I am not surprised.

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Master Baiter, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    A fellow who traveled for 31/2 hrs and who was staying at motel for 4 nights at $129.00 a night to fish Lake Eildon for Trout before going on to Melbourne.
    He was not happy after 4 days in his words he was very p----d off as he caught one fish that was half the size of his bait worm. i have had more than 4 days with doughnuts but that is better than having caught something that size which I probably have anyway.
    Wally

creekboy, Old fisho, diesel and 2 others like this.
  2. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    As they say;
    Why do people pay exorbitant prices for fish from a shop when we can catch our own for twice as much.

diesel, creekboy, Madfisher and 3 others like this.
  3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    With the price of fish even Yellow belly in the Market $33.00 a kilo. You can get a useful Rod and reel for the cost of a 5kg purchase. So if a bloke is restricted on his fishing he can take his partner to a fish shop or market and justify why he should purchase tackle regularly and go fishing often.
    Wally

diesel, creekboy, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Thanks Wally, I'll keep that one for future use.

Jeff