1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Isn't any one fishing any more.

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Master Baiter, Mar 21, 2020.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Another way of minimizing risk when shopping at Woolies or Coles or any supermarket in fact is once again use plastic bags as gloves. Head straight to the fruit & vegie section and slip into some very stylish hand wear and keep them on until you have reached the checkout. Have another unused bag on hand to dispose of those that you have worn.

90090545_1446195285542309_6817442880756383744_o.jpg

Jeff

kev209, blair and creekboy like this.
  2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, Jeff. Good thinking there. Lyall.

kev209 and blair like this.
  3. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    If you go for a fish whithout having to get fuel or bait, straight to fishing spot and no one around then straight home I don't think anyone is being put at risk. But if you come into contact whith someone that's another story.
    I think yor engleish is more betterer than myne noel.

kev209 likes this.
  4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Doctor Diesel:D good idea whith the bags I would just have to survive the attack from the mrs:mad: for using up all the bags.

kev209 and diesel like this.
  5. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Maritime Safety Victoria for a start...in regards to fishing and boating. VR Fish also...they are not government but have a lot to do with fisheries.
    Cheers
    Jim

kev209, diesel and blair like this.
  6. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Sorry Noel, maybe I should have been clearer. You commented in your post that you thought few bugs would survive in traces of petrol & diesel and I should have written that you would be correct in the case of petrol, but only if there was a large quantity of the fuel such as a leaking hose or nozzle. With diesel, I would have to say that it is very unlikely that the fuel would kill the virus bacteria, even in the event of a leaking hose or nozzle due to the low percentage of ethyl alcohol in the fuel.

Current research into the effective use of home made sanitizers show that unless the compound contains at least 70% of ethyl alcohol and preferably 90%, the sanitizer will be ineffective against the virus.

I think I was away fishing the day they covered double negatives at school. :rolleyes:

Jeff

kev209 likes this.
  7. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Do you not think that maybe it is a 'one size fits all' approach that actually penalises those that it doesn't really apply to?

We have the same message being bandied around here in Qld and in highly populated areas like the south eastern corner of the state where you couldn't even step out of your vehicle without bumping into somebody, I totally agree that people should not go fishing. They are not practising social distancing by doing so.

However, there are a lot of fishos throughout the state and I daresay in Vic & NSW as well who go fishing without having contact with another living soul. They don't need to purchase bait, fuel or anything, they are not launching a boat, they fish alone and probably the closest contact they would have with others is passing another vehicle going in the opposite direction. Should a blanket rule apply to these people or should there be a provision where it is up to the individual to assess the risk based on how and where they fish?

I don't like to be dictated to by any authority on what I should or should not do because some people cannot do the right thing.

Jeff

Rod Bender and kev209 like this.
  8. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I have only heard of a negative and a negative make a positive in maths, after school at tech. Cam you drink that sanitizer?o_O

kev209 and diesel like this.
  9. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I guess that depends on how thirsty you are and also whether you have a death wish. Clive Palmer would most likely recommend it - he has endorsed another snake oil concoction that killed some bloke in the good ole USofA.

Jeff

blair and kev209 like this.
  10. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    probably feel great for about 2 minutes then not so great, what was the snake oil product so I don't drink it. I heard of a local peunut that drank brake fluid.

kev209 likes this.
  11. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I haven't given it much thought. There is a lot of confusion. If the government decided to announce fishing was temporarily banned, they have to put a blanket ban on....not allow some forms of fishing and not others.

I couldn't have been more wrong today. Going fishing...won't see anyone....blah blah blah! On a rare occasion at this spot another car showed up. Older guy got out...talked for a while and then introduced himself and put his hand out. I wasn't going to offend him so shook his hand.

I brought 3 yabbies home. I will not go fishing if the restrictions tighten and if I do go fishing, it may be on private property.
    Cheers
    Team Bender

kev209 and blair like this.
  12. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    A natural reaction to somebody sticking their hand out Jim and I probably would have done the same as you.

I had a run-in with a bloke 2 days ago whilst I was filling a 1,000 litre water pod at the town standpipe. He was a tourist who walked straight up to me to enquire about the quality of the town water and I asked him politely to step back a couple of metres. He immediately launched into his opinion that the coronavirus was all bullsh!t media hype, but he still hadn't stepped back, so I gave him a choice, step back a couple of metres or be knocked back 3. I might be an old bloke, but I reckon I can still get at least one good first punch in. He left.

I don't know what it is that some people do not understand about social distancing regardless of their view of the virus.

Jeff

kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  13. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    i wasn't real concerned about corona at first as I have a tendancy to not fully believe anything the media says from experience, but I now see it is quite deadly and am taking precautions that I don't catch it or spread it, good excuse not to go to work as well hehe heh, no way i am getting on a train.
    talked to my 84 year old uncle I haven't talked to in decades he said these deadly viruses flu come around every 50 or 100 years or so, on his way back from the Cypress war in 1958 on the ship everyone got the aisian flu except him and 1 other bloke, he said him and the other bloke had to unload all the luggage off the ship because they were the only ones not sick. Some of the blokes died form the flu.

kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  14. Robert Stone

Robert Stone Active Member

Jan 2, 2017
    I am in the Transport Industry. At the moment an essential service. I wear gloves all the time. It is just the way we live at he moment.
    Cheers.

kev209, Rod Bender and blair like this.
  15. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Government is saying only go out for essencial supplies and Exercise !!!!!!
    Ned Kelly's Bait and Tackle are essential Supplies, And Fishing is exercise !!!

kev209, blair and diesel like this.
  16. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2016
    The Virus can only infect you through your Eyes Nose and Mouth. Keep your distance not to breath it. Dont touch your face and wash your Hands Often , Too often is good !!!!!!! Howard.

kev209, blair and diesel like this.
  17. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    And breathe fresh outdoors near a body of water, larger the better, the extra moisture in the air repells corona virus:rolleyes:
    Dr goat; studied viral medicine for 20 minutes!

diesel and kev209 like this.