1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

IT HAPPENED

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Old fisho, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Well the weather Gods forgave us yesterday and believe it or not I went fishing. (Not wishing)
    The sun shone all day, it was warm, and the lake never saw a ripple over about 100mm high. Given a choice I'd have preferred a slightly fuller tide but I try to ignore that issue and fish regardless. It usually works.
    At our first stop mate Brian was soon heard to say 'Bugger: I don't believe it". I had tied on a 100mm Squidgy Wriggler in 'Red Rum' and though I tried to hit America with it, I only made a very short portion of that distance. The SP hit the bottom in about 2.5m at the bottom of a drop off and before I finished the first lift and drop there was a flathead kicking on the line. No wonder he was p'd off.
    It wasn't big by any means. It only just made our minimum size for keeping at 40cm, as apart from the legal 36. I did keep it knowing my Boss would be delighted to have a feed again. Then two casts later picked up a definite throw back.
    I no longer cared what happened after. We fished all day in several locations and both only finished with half a dozen each, including a couple three or four that just made 40 but went back in. That certainly doesn't constitute a really good day's fishing here but when you've not been on the water for nine months, who cared? The benchmark in this house is ten fish a day (disregarding size, type etc.). In that respect it wasn't even a good day but you'd never convince my soul who felt almost revived at the end.
    There were lots of short spells as the breathing issues surfaced but we battled on. This morning there's a little wrist stiffness after a day casting. However; that's a small price to pay for a day in heaven. All that mattered was being on my favourite water with a rod in hand, with some good company, even though I sometimes prefer to be alone.

blair, diesel, Master Baiter and 3 others like this.
  2. Hen and Chook

Hen and Chook Active Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Great to see that your back out there wetting a line and getting fish Mate, well done.

Chook

diesel, Master Baiter, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  3. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Ripper result , Noel. YOU ARE BACK IN THE BALL GAME. Lyall.

diesel, Master Baiter and kev209 like this.
  4. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    BLOODY BEAUTY, look out fish Old Fisho's back.

creekboy, diesel and Master Baiter like this.
  5. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    No trips out by yourself either, you old bugger

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    creekboy and diesel like this.
  6. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Good stuff, Noel, great to see.

Jeff

creekboy and kev209 like this.