1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

IT NEVER HAPPENED

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Old fisho, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    A review of the climatic conditions with Bill yesterday required a postponement of today's excursion on the lake. Next week maybe. We expect winds to 40kmh and there's little fun in that.
    Have a medico app't in Canberra Saturday morning that means going there Friday arvo. That's a bit sad as our writing group has a public function Friday night and one of my pieces was selected for reading. I cannot be there of course but a friend who has some live theatre stage experience is doing the presentation for me. He tells me has now read it around forty times and will pass fifty by Friday. That's dedication. The Moruya library has set up an excellent exhibition of short stories and art works which we saw yesterday. Each short story reading will be followed by a musician who will play a newly composed piece and some writers will have original art works, (paintings or sculptures) that also utilise the theme of the story.
    Sorry to miss it but can't be helped.
    Noel.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, Noel. I hope the news on Saturday is worth the wait. Cheers. Lyall.

3. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Thanks Lyall but it wasn't what we wanted to hear. It was what I expected though as the last two months have seen some deterioration.
    My mate next door got a great ovation after presenting my short story at the 'writing salon' Friday night. There was close to 100 authors and writers present and I had a guitarist who wrote a new piece of music appropriate to the story theme who also had excellent accolades. Some had sculptors working with them while others has artist painters.
    Of course I was in Canberran and was delighted to be told the news by phone when the program finished. Limited to only 750 words; it is difficult to create a complete story in that frame work but we got there. It was an excellent night apparently.
    Noel
    The old master scribbler from the far away hills

creekboy, kev209 and Madfisher like this.