1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Lake Eppalock

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by Sparkesy1, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Sparkesy1

Sparkesy1 New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Never been there before.
    Am planning a trip this weekend.
    Taking the 15ft Alu Stacer.

Where to Launch ?
    Where to fish ?

Am I correct in thinking of fishing the shallower areas which have recently been covered by the rising waters ? Or should I stay in the deeper waters ?

Thanks

John

2. ozdevil

ozdevil New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    if you can get a lure or bait into the backwaters John this is where the fish in my opinion will be congregating as there is alot of feed for them such as worms etc..

during the middle of the day if it is sunny the fish will go to botom looking for cooler water which deep diving lures working the channels in deeper water will be the go

cheers
    OZ

3. craig308

craig308 Member

Aug 24, 2005
    lake eppalock is only 10% full at the moment and the ramps are a long way from the waters edge. although there were some large yachts out last weekend. must be able to launch ok
    cheers craig

4. Sparkesy1

Sparkesy1 New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Things are getting serious - we have decided to NOT take boat - bank fishin (maybe even some fly) is the go - and maybe even some Bendigo wineries if the weather turns really bad.

Sunday - back to Eppalock if it is firing or maybe Cairn Curran.

Thanks for the advice - it all helps to work things out.

John

5. Hewie

Hewie New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Hey John,
    The Heathcote wineries are a lot closer than Bendigo- and far better IMHO - some great reds produced around there.
    :grin: :grin:

6. Sparkesy1

Sparkesy1 New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Yeah - meant general region of Bendigo - Heathcote Winery, Black Jack, etc - some great shiraz from that region.

Back to topic - heading to Malones tonight for some mudeye and yabbie - better get some scrubbies also.

John

7. Hewie

Hewie New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    How was Eppalock guys, Did you have Golden Perch fillets for dinner??

8. Sparkesy2

Sparkesy2 New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Hi Hewie, have a look at my report.
    Had to go to the local bendigo pub for a meal of fish! :-(