1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Lake Mulwala...shore access.

Discussion in 'Fishing in New South Wales' started by Rod Bender, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Hi all
    Is there land based access that is worth trying? I dare say the locations will be heavily fished which doesn't worry me. I am wondering if there is any access to deeper water and also if there are spots away from crowds. I have never stopped there but I guess there may be cycling/walking tracks along some of the shoreline and I don't really want to be dodging these people when casting.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Watched the Lake Mulwala fishing dvd again.

diesel likes this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Looking at Google Earth, I think the Yarrawonga end of the lake would be a problem when it comes to mobs of people, but the other end towards Bundalong shows a few access tracks to the shoreline with not a lot of housing density.

I've driven past the lake on the Murray Valley Highway a couple of times and thought that I would like to spend some time fishing, especially if I had my tinny with me, but never considered land based.

Jeff