1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

land based or Boat best results.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by Master Baiter, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Well went for a fish this morning early good conditions warm and no wind. Set up my rods one with a yabby and the other with a garden worm sat back on my bucket and enjoying my surroundings. A little later a van turned up at the boat ramp opposite with a rubber boat. After launching they just paddled around an area of about 50 metres from me and in a couple of hours they caught about five good looking sized fish which they kept so I presume they were yella's. My total Two Carp 450mm and 523mm the Pelicans enjoyed.
    Time to leave as a couple of family's set up a camp within 20metres of me and with several people gathering along the bank.
    Wally
    PS Boat won, Bank second.

2. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Hey Wally,
    I mainly fish boat for natives. That said I also mainly fish with lures.
    A few years ago I brought a cheap front mounted trolling motor for my cheap tinny and it has been a game changer for me when it comes to flicking lures.
    What I love about fishing from the boat for natives is the flexibility in moving. If i am bait fishing I will fish a snag for about 20 - 30 mins then move on if there is no action.
    I was chatting with a bloke today about the "best time" to fish ie barometer pressure, time of the day etc, and my answer was simply, the best time for me to fish is when i can get out to fish.
    Boat or bank, for me fishing is the winner.
    Cheer
    Jed

3. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yellas love to congregate off rocky points, often a boat makes them much easier to fish.
    Have a good one Pete

4. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    I had a Stacer 11-1/2 foot long and a 15hp Mariner sold it when this pic was taken about 5 years ago when I sold it. I bought it in 1990 and sold it for a lot more than I paid for it. It was rarely used about a dozen times in 25 years.
    But I live in my 19 Wallys Boat.JPG Wallys Toyota.JPG 79 Toyota it is unstoppable a few locals refer to it as the Toyota with the cattle grid on the front.

5. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    THat is a serious Bull Bar!

6. Robert Stone

Robert Stone Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    They don't make bull bars like that anymore.

kev. likes this.
  7. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    Home made and highly illegal, the local police have never ever said anything to me about it being on there.
    Square bull bars were banned many years ago.

Robert Stone and kev. like this.