1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Little used combo

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Tackleberry, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    G'day everyone following on from Kevs favourite combo thread just wondering how many people have bought either just a rod or a combo and it never turned out to be what they thought so it rarely ever gets used .
    I figure with all is online purchasing these days this has happened quite a bit interested in people's thoughts and experiences cheers Tac .

blair, kev. and Master Baiter like this.
  2. kev.

kev. Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2020
    I have returned a few things I've bought on Ebay with out any problem. A tripod I ordered, was not the one delivered I sent a contact seller Email saying the wrong tripod was sent, the right one was delivered within a couple of days, as for the wrong one a little note inside the package said don't worry about returning the tripod keep it as a gift from us.

blair, Tackleberry and Master Baiter like this.
  3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    I dont get too much on line that's not suitable. I won't rely on reviews as the old brushing scam's have reappeared.
    Wally

blair and kev. like this.
  4. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I don't mind buying fishing reels online because you know what you're going to get biggest bug pain in the bum that I have is trying to find a decent snapper rod surrounded by Bass Strait even the BCF shop doesn't even stock gear suitable to this area if you want to go cod fish and inland great place they don't even stock Shimano saragosa below 10000 I mean 5000/6000 are perfect for reef fishing and as for your selection of fishing rods absolutely hopeless.

blair, kev. and Master Baiter like this.
  5. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    The only gear I have hd isues with are cheap eBay lures that dont swim- but I bought them with the notion to get my casting right so didnt mind losing a bunch to trees, snags and mangrove root in the creek. As for buying rods and reels or combo's online, well I have bought a few because local suppliers dont do a lot of Alvey compatible rods- so I had to source them from QLD. I was a little disappointed with the Gary Howard Breambo and Estuary 3W because they are just too light, but I have found a way to use them from the beach and also on the odd occasion I use bait in the creek. I dont know if its just me, but recently I have found more enjoyment from throwing lures than using bait- but once I start going back to the beach when the weather and water warms up a bit more I will get back to throwing lightly weighted live worms for the bream and 'Ting, and big strips baits or live baits for jewies. My next purchases will be a MT9144 15-20kg spin rod for chasing jewies and also will be my dedicated shark spin outfit. Also keen to buy a decent 9-10foot spin rod for throwing metals and big plastics around the beaches for taylor and salmon, and I will also need a suitable reel to match... I am still looking around but I think a Vertias 4-8kg or something similar matched with a 4000 or 5000 Twin Power or Stradic could be the best option for spinning and throwing big lures around. I recently did a big sell of my unused combo's and a couple I now wished I had kept- but they were all brand new and never spooled. Sometimes you gotta get rid of some stuff to make way for bigger and hopefully better gear, which is what I am aiming for with my next putchases. Will post up when I make a solid decision on what I will buy, but with reno's keeping me not just busy but also lacking $$$ I guess I might have to wait till late September or early October before I really start looking around.

blair, Tackleberry and kev. like this.