1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Looking For Some Tips On Catching Crabs.

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing' started by fity, Jun 24, 2007.

1. fity

fity New Member

May 29, 2007
    I want to start using crab pots and was wondering if anyone had any tips in using them. What bait should be used and is there any difference in crap pots, wheres the best place to position pots when tagerting crabs.

2. monstafish

monstafish New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Hi Nix, I'm wondering if the ol yabby or fresh cray nets woud work. As for bait Im just a learner but I reckon I have lost bait to crabs and wonder if the pilchard or pippi would work.
    Cheers!
    monsta

3. gone_fishing

gone_fishing New Member

Nov 4, 2006
    i use scaps for bait like fish heads carcasses any the stuff you cant eat or use for bait
    ask you local tackle shop were poeple go crabing
    i normally stick around the manjroves and weed beds
    best of luck :D

4. lash

lash New Member

Dec 28, 2005
    here in SA we use fish heads chicken carcasses squid carp with fish heads try not to use snapper or jewie heads or shark heads as in SA it tends to scare the crabs away as they think they are going to be another link in the food chain theres nothing better than a good feed of blue swimmer crab and a few quiet ales on a warm summer night all the best and good luck with the crabs Lash