1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Lure making day

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by jedgpz, Sep 15, 2020 at 12:01 PM.

1. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Day off yesterday and the sun was shining shed was warmer so I was motivated to get back to some lure making. I got a 3d Printer at the start of lockdown "imprisonment" to have a play with.
    Here is the results, 25cm Trout swimbait (paint to come) the stumpy is a No1 and there for size comparison.
    2nd pic is a mixture of 3d printed and hand carved wooden lures. They are all my own designs minus the "whopper plopper" which I got the file from Thingyverse. I used Fusion 360 to design the lures, this has been a good distraction from the state of affairs we are in.
    I the lure stands are my design as well.
    Now for Cod season to open again.
    Cheers Jed IMG_3512.jpg IMG_3511.jpg

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    They are very good. A lot of effort required to make them so well and
    with great detail I would imagine. How long does it take approximately to make a lure like that? Good luck with the Cod season You may want to try Nillhacooti one day plenty of Cod a 1.2 metre was caught about 9 months ago. Yellas are about after this week of warm weather we have been having.
    Cheers Wally

diesel, kev. and Tackleberry like this.
  3. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Thanks Wally,
    I have fished Lake Nillahcootie once and a mate managed a 92cm Cod on a small RMG trolling for yellas. Will look to get back there a some stage.
    We fish Lake Eildon around Cup day so will get a Cod fishing fix then.
    As to how long it takes to make them. I can cut and shape etc in about 15 to 20 mins. Then glue has to set, primer and paint is the longest part of the process with drying etc.
    Some of my biggest fishing moments so far have been catching fish on my own lures. It is a real Buzz.
    Cheers Jed