1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Mercury 4 Stroke

Discussion in 'Boats' started by Garfield28, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Garfield28

Garfield28 Active Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you members have a new Mercury 75HP 4 stroke, and if so give some feedback on them please. I am close to purchasing a new boat and it has a Merc 4 stroke so would just like to know how they perform and what they are like with fuel economy etc. It would be pushing a 484 Alloy Side Console.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Geoff

Madfisher and kev209 like this.
  2. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Don't have any experience whith the Mercury 4 stroke should be fine Tack likes them. Would be more maintenance than a two stroke. There used to be a rule of thumb if running a 4 stroke go up 10 hp because they were heavier and didn't accelerate like a two stroke I don't know if this is still the case.

Garfield28, Madfisher and kev209 like this.
  3. Garfield28

Garfield28 Active Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Thanks Blair.
    I didn't buy the boats I was looking at a couple of weeks ago so I've been looking at a new Anglapro Sniper 484 but it comes with a 75HP Mercury... I would like an ETEC with warranty over a 4 stroke I think but most of them are on old boats out of warranty or on new way over priced Quintrex boats. That's why I was chasing info on the 4 stroke 75 Mercs

blair and kev209 like this.
  4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Doesnt hurt to do your homework before buying.

Madfisher and kev209 like this.