1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

MERRY CHRISTMAS; A PS

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Old fisho, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I note with deep sadness that the thread 'Merry Christmas' started by Kev has disappeared.
    Australians have become a weak, lily-livered' lot. No longer in this country can anyone say anything without some 'even more lily-livered' Richard Cranium becoming offended.
    What a pitiful lot we've become. We should all feel ashamed.
    I grew up in a world where you could call your best mate 'a bastard' and he'd laugh WITH you.
    It's enough to make me quit this site and a lot of other things too. Noel.

kev209, Missniss, Rod Bender and 3 others like this.
  2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Yesterday, I noticed that my 'post count' had clicked over 700 and I was amazed that I had managed to reach that number without getting booted off for making inappropriate comments. This morning, the count had dropped back to below 700 and I wondered what may have been deleted - perhaps a few of my recent jokes had overstepped the boundary, but no.

Why was the 'Merry Christmas' thread torn down?

I think an explanation is warranted as to why it was deleted and if it is due to political correctness and offending the sensitivities of those who may not share the same belief, then it is certainly bail out time for me.

If a member of the forum has complained about the thread, then have the balls to tell the rest of us what your problem is. You may get howled down by some of us, but you will gain a little bit of respect for standing your ground.

Jeff :mad:

3. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    I appreciate what I consider to be support Jeff.

4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    If this is what the Forum has declined into it may well be time. Lyall.

kev209, Missniss and Old fisho like this.
  5. Missniss

Missniss Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Not while I am still alive it won't be :) You guys rock :) Don't let one "Insert insulting name here" ruin it for what I consider the closest thing I have to best mates AKA family online :)
    You guys have supported and helped me so much, lets make Kev proud :)

kev209, Old fisho, Madfisher and 2 others like this.
  6. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    It's been several years since I first tuned in here. Some close and valued friendships have evolved from it. I quit a couple of years ago during a nasty dispute that was occurring but returned after things settled down again.
    I have, like a couple of old members been absent since the kerfuffle before Christmas. I take the risk and liberty of using names. Kev and Diesel did the same. Following communication with these two great guys, there are solid indications that, like me, after admitting they miss the site, they will likely return as active members. One suggested he may not be welcomed. I again took the liberty of suggesting he would be most welcome.
    But what of the future?
    It seems behind the scenes there are people (I don't call them members) who are hell bent on causing damage and causing trouble. Should anyone have contact from them, I suggest no reply be given. Should they contact by phone as they have done; QUICKLY hang up.
    They are not wanted and certainly not needed here. Without them this site can continue for a very long time.
    Without TBX there's a hole out there I keep stepping in. I miss the communication, the friendships but most of all I miss something few forum sites have. Namely, there is great respect for fellow members within TBX. I group ladies like our Missniss amongst the fellows. Hope she doesn't mind. I think it's most excellent to have her opening up about the difficulties she faces and nothing but good can come of it. The more people who share a load means less each has to carry. Hang in there Sandy.
    Unfortunately, this has become a bit drawn out as most of my stuff is, and I thank you for your patience if you've got this far.
    I look forward to a continuation with you guys. Regards, Noel.
    I have put this up as a new post also. N.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  7. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    I am hanging in there Noel :) And trust me, I don't mind that I am classed as one of the fellows :)
    A lot of my male mates would actually agree that I am one lol

blair, creekboy, diesel and 1 other person like this.
  8. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Maybe, but you don't look like one.

9. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Depends how many ales are consumed I suppose lol

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  10. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016