1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Moving

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev., Sep 13, 2020.

1. kev.

kev. Active Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Lyn, and I have been thinking very seriously of downsizing from a 3 bedroom unit to a 2 bedroom unit at Wendouree.
    Making this move we would be saving about $200 a month on rent.
    We have been thinking of moving to Ballarat for a while now, before the pandemic we looked at a few units and were impressed with what we saw.
    I believe if it wasn't for the virus we would be living there now.
    We have been looking on the net lately for units close to the lake (ya gota go fishin) and not far from shops.
    I have fished the lake a few times for donuts, but the access is great and I can use my buggy to get around.
    Over the 14 years we have lived here I couldn't say how many new estates have been built and loads more are under construction.
    The Western Highway and other roads in the area can't cope with the traffic and the infrastructure well I won't go there.

2. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Good luck with what ever you decide to do mate.
    pete

diesel, kev. and Tackleberry like this.
  3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Well Kev we decided to downsize and gave ourselves 2 years to do it that was five years ago. As it did not happen we gave it another two years nothing happened so we think things must be going right so we will stay here as long as we can. With the Lake on our doorstep it is a great asset when you are old. Kev the lake is a good idea catching fish or not it would be a great place to be.
    As Pete said Good luck with what ever you decide to do.
    Wally

Tackleberry, kev. and Madfisher like this.
  4. kev.

kev. Active Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Every time we plan on doing anything something happens to stuff things up. Lyn got the results of tests done on her leg, not good. She has more tests scheduled over the next couple of weeks. All we can do is wait to see what these other tests show before we make any decisions.

5. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Sorry to hear that Kev.
    Pete

kev. likes this.
  6. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Yep I agree I cannot like that post that all Kev sorry mate

Madfisher, kev. and Master Baiter like this.