1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Narara Creek Report 6th July 2019

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing' started by reelaxation, Jul 8, 2019.

1. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Tackled the local Creek waaaaaay upstream in very ordinary cond sat nite was rewarded with these- the smaller 1 went 33 and the bigger went 41cm and pulled some string, lost a much bigger model on 6lb and also nailed a couple of XOS eels both going well above the 1.5m mark couldnt get piccies of them or even get them up the bank. One of the best local sessions. Breambo-1.jpg Breambos x 2.jpg

2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    A couple of quality Bream there. Cheers, Lyall.

Old fisho, kev209 and reelaxation like this.
  3. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    hi mate, I live near narrara creek haven't fished it for years good to see its still good , have caught some good fish there. all on lures.

Old fisho, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  4. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Thanks mate, since the abattoirs closed down it has gotten a lot cleaner, but the fishing is harder without all the extra burley in the water. Have struggled to get fish on lures locally except for flatties which I normally get around the back of Adcock Park on plastics. Am peachy keen to get bream, EP and Bass on lure from the local, maybe wrong season but I tried yesterday and was plagues by choppers which wouldnt take the lure, but went nuts for the bait. I did managed to pull 1 legal chopper from the mix and then a legal bream both on chicken strip but nothing else worth mentioning.

Any advice for the bream and EP/Bass on lures around that area?

TIA

Anthony

Old fisho, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  5. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Try for bream near mouth of creek at Gosford up against mangroves at high tide whith 2" crawdads,or any other bream lure, used to get some good ones but they were usually at bit skinny. don't know where to get EP,S consistently but have heard there are heaps at the rip at spawning time. I wouldn't eat anything out of narara creek though.

Old fisho, reelaxation and kev209 like this.