1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

New Lures An Iso Project

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by jedgpz, May 28, 2020.

1. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Hey all,
    Hope you are all doing ok.
    During the 1st week of our lockdown I decided i needed a new project to keep my mental health on the right track. I am one who gets bored easy and the thought of not being able to get out and about was quite depressing.
    I purchased an Ender 3 3d printer and set about taking my lure making from wood to plastic.
    I make all my own swimbaits as some would be aware of and the thought of having the ability to recreate with exact copies was my aim.
    These are all my own design, using fusion 360 and I have been very happy with the way they swim and etc.
    As I now have the cad design files for them who knows when I retire (a few years away yet) my TLK lures may go into production one day
    Now just need our local water ways to clear up a bit and I will get out and get that metre plus Murray Cod.
    Cheers Jed

3d Printed Lures.jpg

2. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Hey Jed, welcome back.

They look the goods, will you airbrush paint them or just use a bristle brush?

Jeff

creekboy, blair and Rod Bender like this.
  3. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    I May Crack out the Air Brush. I tested the small swim bait today and man it is the goods. It is a translucent pearl filament so it will stay the same
    Cheers Jed

diesel, creekboy, blair and 1 other person like this.